2021 Tahoe with 6k miles mine has already had a head off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2021 z71 here. 4k miles and just had my lifters changed as well. the dealer fixed it in two days but now the check engine light is on, service traction control light is on, and its missing bad. Sick of this. These are brand new. We should not be having these problems.
GM's quality has dropped big time. Their parts suppliers are letting them down :(

Tayers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Collapsed lifter and a bent pushrod. They took off the passenger side head to inspect, replaced the lifters. Not feeling really confident with this vehicle. I have a 2010 Tahoe i bought new with 242k miles and the only thing every replaced on the engine has been the spark plugs. My 2001 Tahoe I got new also never had any engine issues in the 120k I put on it.

Tayers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Collapsed lifter and a bent pushrod. They took off the passenger side head to inspect, replaced the lifters. Not feeling really confident with this vehicle. I have a 2010 Tahoe i bought new with 242k miles and the only thing every replaced on the engine has been the spark plugs. My 2001 Tahoe I got new also never had any engine issues in the 120k I put on it.
Dealer telling me they will only replace the lifters that have failed, not all of them. Once replaced, anyone still having issues?

OP
OP
robgreg75

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer telling me they will only replace the lifters that have failed, not all of them. Once replaced, anyone still having issues?

Yes that seems to be the standard way to do it. GM won't pay for all to be replaced just the failed ones.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my Employees has a 2021 Silverado, 6k miles, and the engine just grenaded.. I think I am just going to stay away from GM new trucks for minute!

Sumfknguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2021 Tahoe LT, 6k miles. Lifter issue, dealer changes one side. 1 week later it happened to the other side.

Currently have a case open with GM Corp. for everyone that has had this issue, make sure you contact GM Corp.

TonyV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We also have a case opened against GM Corp. Blown lifters, bent pushrods, in the shop for 20 days. They contacted us and said they would not buy the vehicle back (2,000 miles) . We also put a claim in against GM for lemon law with the BBB who are now going back and forth with GM on our behalf. I think they need to be hit with a class action lawsuit , way too many people with this issue.

21TahoeDisappoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just happened to me at 7,300 miles. This following the Brake issue last week that required module replacement. Funny thing is that after the engine started knocking today, I got the same warning from the "replaced module" Namely ""Service Trailer Brake System", "Service Traction Control", "Service Steering Column Lock" and "Service ESC".

Seems class action suit is warranted. I too have NO CONFIDENCE in this vehicle.

Anyone know the appropriate way to contact GM to get complaint on record? (know it won't do any good...)

Sumfknguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just happened to me at 7,300 miles. This following the Brake issue last week that required module replacement. Funny thing is that after the engine started knocking today, I got the same warning from the "replaced module" Namely ""Service Trailer Brake System", "Service Traction Control", "Service Steering Column Lock" and "Service ESC".

Seems class action suit is warranted. I too have NO CONFIDENCE in this vehicle.

Anyone know the appropriate way to contact GM to get complaint on record? (know it won't do any good...)
I googled the names of all their top execs and sent them all an email. GM Corp exec support member called me within two hours.

Pm me your email and I’ll forward you what I sent along with their contacts.

21TahoeDisappoint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I googled the names of all their top execs and sent them all an email. GM Corp exec support member called me within two hours.

Pm me your email and I’ll forward you what I sent along with their contacts.
Would love the addresses, and I'll be happy to share my correspondence with them. There is power in numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts