2021 Tahoe with 6k miles mine has already had a head off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Collapsed lifter and a bent pushrod. They took off the passenger side head to inspect, replaced the lifters. Not feeling really confident with this vehicle. I have a 2010 Tahoe i bought new with 242k miles and the only thing every replaced on the engine has been the spark plugs. My 2001 Tahoe I got new also never had any engine issues in the 120k I put on it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that sucks
known issue w/ parts suppliers :-\ :(

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks. I've had numerous problems with mine. 7 service visits in 6 months; soon to be 8.

Today, my wipers stopped working in all auto speeds and the slow speed. Only works in hi speed, but movement is slow...

Plus my steering wheel is slowly becoming off center. Crazy.

3/3/21--Wipers worked as designed today, weird.

Last edited:

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Collapsed lifter and a bent pushrod. They took off the passenger side head to inspect, replaced the lifters. Not feeling really confident with this vehicle. I have a 2010 Tahoe i bought new with 242k miles and the only thing every replaced on the engine has been the spark plugs. My 2001 Tahoe I got new also never had any engine issues in the 120k I put on it.
YIKES!!!!!! When did this happen?

MSTI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just had that happen to my 21 Tahoe with 4300 miles yesterday. Didn't think I was going to make it to the dealer because it was making a lot of racket and chugging at a stop. Dealer just told me the news and it maybe close to to 2 weeks to get the parts and repair. They are replacing all the lifters but as the op said, my trust factor is going down fast. I just took a trip to Daytona last weekend and if it happened there, it would have been catastrophic.

The service consultant said it is a known issue. Well why hasn't there been a recall? This is B.S. for a new car and I know I am a guinea pig for a new model but damn!

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had that happen to my 21 Tahoe with 4300 miles yesterday. Didn't think I was going to make it to the dealer because it was making a lot of racket and chugging at a stop. Dealer just told me the news and it maybe close to to 2 weeks to get the parts and repair. They are replacing all the lifters but as the op said, my trust factor is going down fast. I just took a trip to Daytona last weekend and if it happened there, it would have been catastrophic.

The service consultant said it is a known issue. Well why hasn't there been a recall? This is B.S. for a new car and I know I am a guinea pig for a new model but damn!

that sucks to hear

& not worth their time or money for a recall yet :(

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry to hear that. Just glad no one got hurt. Losing engine power at the wrong time can be deadly :(

Austinlane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks. I've had numerous problems with mine. 7 service visits in 6 months; soon to be 8.

Today, my wipers stopped working in all auto speeds and the slow speed. Only works in hi speed, but movement is slow...

Plus my steering wheel is slowly becoming off center. Crazy.

3/3/21--Wipers worked as designed today, weird.

I have a 21’ Yukon Denali and last week they replaced all 16 lifters! My steering wheel is steadily coming off center as well. They’ve corrected it once but made a big deal that they wouldn’t do it free again. I’m currently at 13K miles on mine. Some of my stitching is crooked in my interior, they had to take the passenger door panel off to fix a rattling sound in the speaker, the infotainment system glitches occasionally with my iPhone, had a few issues with the lane keep assist and adaptive cruise. Oh and when it rains, I hear bubbling noises coming from the sunroof.

OP
OP
robgreg75

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was in the shop for 3 weeks while they got parts. I mentioned to them that also the front parking sensors do not work anymore, every time I start it I see "clean parking sensor". Of course they didn't bother to fix it while it was there so I need to take it back again, maybe tomorrow. Meanwhile my 2010 Tahoe just keeps going and 245k miles on it, besides fluids spark plug and wires are the only things every changed on that engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts