2021 Tahoe wireless CarPlay not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

white15

Reaction score
This adds to the weirdness… I took mine to the dealer. They said the did an update (supposedly) and it’s working now…. I get there and try to connect my phone wirelessly (up to date iPhone 13 Pro) no success… same issues. The service guys all connect their phones…. And they all work (a 14pro max, 13 pro, and iPhone 8 Plus) all worked and connected. While they had my Denali, I had a Sierra rental from them and the wireless carplay worked perfectly with my phone….. I got home tonight and backed my phone up….. and completely restored it… also disconnected the battery on the Yukon for about an hour…. Got everything back together and still no success…. This is the most frustrating thing ever

tvargas30

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. When I purchased the vehicle everything worked fine. I don't know if GM changed something but a few months ago it stopped working. Everything works fine if it's plugged in via lightning cable, and I can stream music and make calls in my vehicle via bluetooth, but maps/screen projection stopped working unless its plugged in via usb. I've talked to Apple, Onstar, the local dealer, and no one has been able to fix.

The issue was verified on multiple iPhones including 12 and 14. I'm pretty sure GM sent an ota update that broke this functionality, but I'm interested in knowing if other people have this issue.
Has your issue been fixed? IF so what was the fix. Mine is at the dealership with the same problem.
I found links stating that Siri must be on as well as Screen Time. Have you checked that?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has your issue been fixed? IF so what was the fix. Mine is at the dealership with the same problem.
I found links stating that Siri must be on as well as Screen Time. Have you checked that?
I don't use Siri, and don't use screen time either. I have an iPhone13Pro and it connects flawlessly to both 2023's, a Yukon Denali and a 2500HD Denali. Wife has the same phone and doesn't have any issues either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts