2021 Tahoe Rear Entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for this picture. I just purchased 2 brackets of this brand and 2 iPads are ordered. I’m going to have my daughter download a bunch of movies and shows on them and we will make that work. I never thought of just using mounting brackets and an iPad. Everything I have researched are China androids, and I’m not an android user.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a big hurry to get a Tahoe when they first came out. Dealerships were only getting one at a time where I’m from. I had the choice of a 2021 High Country with no rear entertainment or a 2021 Premier, inside nearly the exact same for $8000 cheaper. I ended up going with the Premier for the rear entertainment reason. The dealer said he could add aftermarket to it to make it just like the ones that came out. I sent my Tahoe off for 3 days, got it back and this is what I ended up with. It wouldn’t even power on!! I ended up throwing enough fits that they finally took it back Monday evening and took it out. So now I have a $2600 credit at the dealer and still need rear entertainment. Everything I’m finding that fits what I want is from China. Does anyone know where I can get something similar American made that can be hard wired?

(Pictures are what the dealer installed!!)
I don’t want anything but tablets. I didn’t pay $76000 for it to look like this and look like $50 Walmart Black Friday DVD players.
The credit at the dealer is crap! I figured they could at least use it to pay my sales tax. Nope! I have as many oil changes as I need for life pretty much..lol. I can also order anything for the Tahoe with that credit, but there is nothing to be ordered at the moment except a black bow tie.

View attachment 254938

I agree with you that there solution looks hokey and insulting for such a nice vehicle, it's not a Spark or Trax!

You might want to wait a few months and let the aftermarket catch up, I reckon someone will make something that will replace the head rests. Keep us posted on how fuel efficient it is as the motor gets broken in and how she rides.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaptainkhaos58