2021 Tahoe Rear Entertainment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was in a big hurry to get a Tahoe when they first came out. Dealerships were only getting one at a time where I’m from. I had the choice of a 2021 High Country with no rear entertainment or a 2021 Premier, inside nearly the exact same for $8000 cheaper. I ended up going with the Premier for the rear entertainment reason. The dealer said he could add aftermarket to it to make it just like the ones that came out. I sent my Tahoe off for 3 days, got it back and this is what I ended up with. It wouldn’t even power on!! I ended up throwing enough fits that they finally took it back Monday evening and took it out. So now I have a $2600 credit at the dealer and still need rear entertainment. Everything I’m finding that fits what I want is from China. Does anyone know where I can get something similar American made that can be hard wired?

(Pictures are what the dealer installed!!)
I don’t want anything but tablets. I didn’t pay $76000 for it to look like this and look like $50 Walmart Black Friday DVD players.
The credit at the dealer is crap! I figured they could at least use it to pay my sales tax. Nope! I have as many oil changes as I need for life pretty much..lol. I can also order anything for the Tahoe with that credit, but there is nothing to be ordered at the moment except a black bow tie.

E0FB5F04-CDED-4961-AB62-F49B8FE42874.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was in a big hurry to get a Tahoe when they first came out. Dealerships were only getting one at a time where I’m from. I had the choice of a 2021 High Country with no rear entertainment or a 2021 Premier, inside nearly the exact same for $8000 cheaper. I ended up going with the Premier for the rear entertainment reason. The dealer said he could add aftermarket to it to make it just like the ones that came out. I sent my Tahoe off for 3 days, got it back and this is what I ended up with. It wouldn’t even power on!! I ended up throwing enough fits that they finally took it back Monday evening and took it out. So now I have a $2600 credit at the dealer and still need rear entertainment. Everything I’m finding that fits what I want is from China. Does anyone know where I can get something similar American made that can be hard wired?

I don’t want anything but tablets. I didn’t pay $76000 for it to look like this and look like $50 Walmart Black Friday DVD players.
The credit at the dealer is crap! I figured they could at least use it to pay my sales tax. Nope! I have as many oil changes as I need for life pretty much..lol. I can also order anything for the Tahoe with that credit, but there is nothing to be ordered at the moment except a black bow tie.

View attachment 254938
That was $2000??? They're out of their minds!
Have you tried Crutchfields? Lots of good stuff there, but unfortunately it seems the majority of electronics made today are from China.
Other then that--how do you like the 2021? Seats comfy? Gotta post up some more pics. BTW--Welcome from NJ :D

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AD92B728-764A-4817-A63B-BBF867702410.jpeg D25F9BCD-DBB0-4867-BDFE-B1622DDC9DEC.jpeg BC32D8F8-2819-4B8D-BF11-5DF9E49BA63F.jpeg BC32D8F8-2819-4B8D-BF11-5DF9E49BA63F.jpeg D25F9BCD-DBB0-4867-BDFE-B1622DDC9DEC.jpeg AD92B728-764A-4817-A63B-BBF867702410.jpeg E007EF04-5C2A-46F7-A4DC-31F82598864E.jpeg More than that unfortunately
This is my 3rd Tahoe and I feel like it’s a suburban. I didn’t realize how much longer and wider it was until we were trading vehicles. I’ve been waiting patiently on them to come out, stalking YouTube videos since they announced it and they definitely wasn’t lying about more room in the middle and in the back seats. Also it’s so nice not keeping the 3rd row laid down constantly. I can finally get a case of water or a bag of dog food in there without it being dead. I’m happy with it other than the entertainment and having a massive credit at the dealer and nothing being available to order to spend it on. There’s also a light that’s been on for about 800 miles (1400 miles on it) saying service safety restraint but the dealer can’t figure it out. We do have ordered a black LED bow tie and some automatic hidden step bars that come on the High Country’s. The wheels on my premiere are nicer than the High Country they had on the lot. The high country actually had the same wheels my 15’ tahoe had on it lol. Oh yeah it also had the double barrel double exhaust. Hubby is happy that it sounds good. Lol (I think he’s kinda jealous bc his 19’ doesn’t have that exhaust ) I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed. It’s definitely a makeover. I can apparently only post 5 pics at a time so I’ll post the rest in a reply and be done with it. The dvd pictures are what was in my car and I guess really does cost that much when I did a google search. For some reason they left them in here, I’m waiting for them to ask me to bring them back. D87AEC6F-AB92-4CE8-B629-0F486717B5EB.jpeg

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Honestly I’ve never rode in the very back but in my other Tahoe they really were flat looking. These are actually more roomy and I don’t think they’re as bad.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score

View attachment 254938

I cannot believe that a Premier Tahoe would not come standard with RSE, I would expect that standard on a 76k vehicle.

View attachment 254969 View attachment 254968 View attachment 254967 View attachment 254967 View attachment 254968 View attachment 254969 View attachment 254970 More than that unfortunately
This is my 3rd Tahoe and I feel like it’s a suburban. I didn’t realize how much longer and wider it was until we were trading vehicles. I’ve been waiting patiently on them to come out, stalking YouTube videos since they announced it and they definitely wasn’t lying about more room in the middle and in the back seats. Also it’s so nice not keeping the 3rd row laid down constantly. I can finally get a case of water or a bag of dog food in there without it being dead. I’m happy with it other than the entertainment and having a massive credit at the dealer and nothing being available to order to spend it on. There’s also a light that’s been on for about 800 miles (1400 miles on it) saying service safety restraint but the dealer can’t figure it out. We do have ordered a black LED bow tie and some automatic hidden step bars that come on the High Country’s. The wheels on my premiere are nicer than the High Country they had on the lot. The high country actually had the same wheels my 15’ tahoe had on it lol. Oh yeah it also had the double barrel double exhaust. Hubby is happy that it sounds good. Lol (I think he’s kinda jealous bc his 19’ doesn’t have that exhaust ) I don’t think anyone is going to be disappointed. It’s definitely a makeover. I can apparently only post 5 pics at a time so I’ll post the rest in a reply and be done with it. The dvd pictures are what was in my car and I guess really does cost that much when I did a google search. For some reason they left them in here, I’m waiting for them to ask me to bring them back. View attachment 254971

I would sell those China made screens to recouple some of your loses.

OP
OP
kristenlprice

kristenlprice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately the only Tahoe that comes with it after a lot of research is the High Country and not even all of them come with it. It’s crazy considering a Yukon comes with it on Denali and other trims.i talked to 2 different dealers and they keep saying it links back to COVID and then the strike they had last fall. Idk how much truth there is to that. The DVD players they ended up giving me credit for at the dealership, but there’s nothing right now available for me to spend it on other than a black LED bow tie. I guess they didn’t mean to leave the DVD players in here and I’m sure they’ll be calling wanting them back when they figure out that they were left in the trunk from the aftermarket place uninstalling them. They were supposed to be returned once the dealership determined if a refund was possible or not.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted the RES as well in my 2021 High country as I also had it in my 2016 Denali, but I have not seen any High Country in my area with RES. I have done a ton of research on the aftermarket units and the only one not completely off brand Chinese (which all retail for around $500 a pair and usually android based) are the Audiovoxx (retail $1,299.00), they are almost as nice as factory. However, you cant get away from bulky the headrest brackets. Looking at your picture and it looks like the AudioVoxx are what they put in your car.

My kids are old enough to manage their own stuff and I have a couple of iPads and the in car wifi with these mounts
https://www.amazon.com/Headrest-Try...1839RTM6KMC&psc=1&refRID=5HF4KE7811839RTM6KMC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700