2021 Tahoe LED Tail Light install.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z92-ALC Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is my first post so be gentle lol. So ive seen quite a few threads online on various sites about fitting LED tail light bulbs in the 2021+ Tahoe's to replace the horrible filament bulbs they come with. Quite alot of people were having issues with hyper flash and error messages coming up on the dash because of this. I succeeded in installing some in my new 2021 with resistors and made a video with the details on how to go about it. I know there are bulbs out there that have the resistors built in but ive heard and seen alot fail to stop the error messages and hyper flash issues. This is full proof and works great. The bulbs and resistors i used are listed in the video description on YT. Hope it helps some of you with upgrading your lights :)

Install Video

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good video…..If I wasn’t so camera shy and digital media challenged I would have one one myself. He is using the same resistors as mine only difference is my LASFIiT turn signal bulbs had the resistors built in so no errors on the turn signals….with one possible exception. If your stuck at a traffic light or in a traffic hazard environment for long periods you can ge the message. Basically the bulb is cycling too much. You will get the error but once the turn is complete or hazard flashers turned off and resistor has a chance to cool down the message should self clear after a few minutes. Reverse lights should not get errors at all since they should not have that many cycles. Also since reverse lights are a single circuit single position…on/off. I only needed one resistor to cover both reverse lamps.

Yes brake lights are single position but remember the brake light signal wire also covers the Center brake light…(CHMSL)…..yes a government term ….look it up started in 1986 MY. The brake lights also get more cycles than reverse so that’s my guess on why they need a resistor for each bulb.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was about to say….a Brit in Oklahoma….what could go wrong there…..then I remembered I am a New Englander in North TX…….Cheers Gov-a-nah”…….Carry on old Chap!

Sorry been watching too many Wheeler Dealers episodes!!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed you switched the OEM Amber turn signals to red…..Not so sure on that one….I want the contrast….I do like the strobe brake light….I need to check on that one……….brake lights look …….sorted!!!

Again too much Wheeler Dealers!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos