2021 Tahoe/Escalade Performance Brembo Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, if you think the C-130's are bad you should have ridden one of the "original" Piston Engine Globemasters across the Pond from England back in the early 60's before the C-130 phased them out. We Bubble-heads returning from Holy Loch thought we were in the lap of luxury the first time we hitched a ride on a returning C-130 MATS flight from Heathrow to Dulles.
That sucks. I'll opt for the rotator from CENTCOM to BWI instead lol.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you noticed any significant difference in your stopping power? So far I haven't noticed a significant difference with my aftermarket Brembos. But then again, I don't intentionally go around looking to do some unexpected hard braking out of the blue. However I will say, they've been very responsive when I need to stop in a hurry.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like they would have to be better…but I wonder if the main source of stopping power is limited by the tires.

Logic:
The factory brakes can put enough squeeze on the rotors to cause the ABS to kick in.
If that is the case, then time to stop is really limited by how much friction you can maintain with the tire on the road?
Likely the perf upgrade provides better heat dissipation and can stand up to more brake usage in less time (ie, better fade resistance?)

Not trying to start an argument here…just wondering what the upgrade brings in performance. I may consider doing it…but my reality here in the great plains is a lot of miles with the cruise on and no stopping. My biggest brake load situation is towing, and my trailer has very capable brakes.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like they would have to be better…but I wonder if the main source of stopping power is limited by the tires.

Logic:
The factory brakes can put enough squeeze on the rotors to cause the ABS to kick in.
If that is the case, then time to stop is really limited by how much friction you can maintain with the tire on the road?
Likely the perf upgrade provides better heat dissipation and can stand up to more brake usage in less time (ie, better fade resistance?)

Not trying to start an argument here…just wondering what the upgrade brings in performance. I may consider doing it…but my reality here in the great plains is a lot of miles with the cruise on and no stopping. My biggest brake load situation is towing, and my trailer has very capable brakes.
Funny you should mention that... Just the other day I was on YouTube and came across a video on the very subject of brakes and the tires that accompany them for greater stopping power.

Link:

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I dont feel much of a difference. Pedal is a tad bit more responsive. No comparisone to my last escalade setup (Willwood 6 piston F/R). If I were you, I would wait until Wilwood produces a kit. I have been somewhat distracted with my service suspension light which has appeared 3 times tonight. I'm hopping GM will have a fix soon.
I came close to getting the GM brake kit, but the rotors looked way to small inside of my 24's, so I went with a custom Brembo kit that included 16.5" rotors to fill in that space. Brembo Brakes on7.jpgBrembo B-M82.jpgBrembo B-M810.jpgBrembo Brakes on1.jpg

High_Country

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have seen pictures of the original performance brake kit.
I looks like there is a blind plug for the wear sensor wiring loom for the front caliper in the kit. So, I think the wear indication on the cluster will not work anymore for the front after installation. Does it need to be programmed by a dealer? Does a malfunction light appear? Will the rear caliper sensor and the percental wear indicator for the rear pads stay working?
Must the sheet metal behind the brake disc be changed against the new ones or is it possible to cut the protruding edge off so that there is room for the new big brake discs?
I would like to leave the nearly new wheel bearings where they are. How did you do it?
The less work, the better....if it makes sense...

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No programming. Rear wear sensor is still in place. Yes, the backing plate must be changed and wheel bearings removed and reinstalled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans