2021 Tahoe Auto Start Permanent Disable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a way to permanently disable auto stop on a 2021 Tahoe Diesel?

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to permanently disable auto stop on a 2021 Tahoe Diesel?
Unfortunately no. However ones that are being produced from May until whenever they start doing the 22s, they remove the start and stop feature. But I’m not sure if they’re gonna put it back on the 22s if they get more chips.

gregtay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. However ones that are being produced from May until whenever they start doing the 22s, they remove the start and stop feature. But I’m not sure if they’re gonna put it back on the 22s if they get more chips.
Not entirely accurate. The question was about the Duramax... and the Duramax continues to be manufactured with start/stop. Only the 5.3 and 6.2 had it removed.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not entirely accurate. The question was about the Duramax... and the Duramax continues to be manufactured with start/stop. Only the 5.3 and 6.2 had it removed.
Correct.... Personally, I know this really irks some people, but really its pretty simple to just poke the button upon startup. At least its conveniently located and not buried in the infotainment system.... while I don't necessarily like it, I'm not going to screw with it to disable it....

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. Correct. Sorry I totally forgot that it said diesel. Lol. I was actually thinking the five point do your 6.2 engines.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if there is a button to press after you start it then theoretically you could wire a relay to that button then you wouldn't need to worry about pressing the button anymore.
but until someone de-crypts the software to tune these then there is probably no other reasonable solution.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting thanks for sharing. I might consider this wish it was also DFM. I guess there is a difference pluging in behind there vs the OBDII port???

peyc2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B