2021 tahoe after market system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkkill74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a base model 2021 tahoe WITHOUT the bose audio system. We installed 4 speakers , 2 tweeters and 2 12 inch subs.
We are running into an issue, we have the speakers tied into the rear outputs of the factory amp under the glove box, and the subwoofers hooked the the front speaker output from the amp.
The problem im having is when we try to make a bluetooth call , the sound wants to play through the woofer.
I was able to make an assumption that the calls audio must be coming through the front speakers. But if i put the new door speakers on the front speaker output of the amp, my door speakers have an insane amount of bass to them it practically distorts them. And if we move the sub to the rear output we lose 90% of the bass the subs produce. Any idea ???

OP
OP
D

Darkkill74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a base model 2021 tahoe WITHOUT the bose audio system. We installed 4 speakers , 2 tweeters and 2 12 inch subs.
We are running into an issue, we have the speakers tied into the rear outputs of the factory amp under the glove box, and the subwoofers hooked the the front speaker output from the amp.
The problem im having is when we try to make a bluetooth call , the sound wants to play through the woofer.
I was able to make an assumption that the calls audio must be coming through the front speakers. But if i put the new door speakers on the front speaker output of the amp, my door speakers have an insane amount of bass to them it practically distorts them. And if we move the sub to the rear output we lose 90% of the bass the subs produce. Any idea ???
The speakers and subs each have their own aftermarket amplifier

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the issue is the way gm designed the system is if there is no factory sub then the front door speakers are filtered to provide bass only, they also routed different functions thru different channels, bluetooth audio will go to one speaker, reverse sensor beep will go to another speaker, system sounds like the fake blinker relay sound goes to another speaker.
so....this creates a issue where you need a couple amps one of them being multi channel and one for the subs
and/or you need a adapter PAC makes one that puts it all back to normal with rca outputs for your amp or amps
I installed 2 amps in my 18 I got everything working except the backup beep, I used a jlaudio multichannel amp which gave me the option to split a channel I just have no fade, eventually I will add the pac adapter just been too lazy