2021 Denali - Vehicle Knock, Stutters, Surges, Rough Acceleration - In Auto Mode, After Lifting Rods Replaced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jepaul2198

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you put it in 4HI yet?
Hi, I have driven it in 4HI, and again just yesterday after seeing your post. The same symptoms are not there in 4wd. Of course in 4wd there are other things going on tobe expected when in 4hi. But from a standing start, going straight, as the vehicle accelerates in 4hi it is smooth between each gear change.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have driven it in 4HI, and again just yesterday after seeing your post. The same symptoms are not there in 4wd. Of course in 4wd there are other things going on tobe expected when in 4hi. But from a standing start, going straight, as the vehicle accelerates in 4hi it is smooth between each gear change.

That isolates your issue to the transfer case. There is ether a problem with the fluid, internal components, or the signal that is being sent to the transfer case.

Since you had no issue prior to having the repair work done I would assume it’s the third option.

cqegr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’d suggest replacing (draining and filling) the transfer case fluid. The transfer cases on these vehicles have clutches. Break-in of those clutches can cause contamination of the fluid—probably especially if you are running in Auto at all times.

I had similar symptoms on my truck before I changed the fluid. It’s a very easy job to do in your driveway if you have some mechanical aptitude and also probably not expensive at the dealer if you don’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh