2021 Denali good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have no clue......I feel that is A LOT of money for a 3 year old vehicle. And it's not even 4wd.

My assumption is that deals will become more plentiful as people pull back on buying due to prices and interest rates. Plus, repos may go up once people have to start paying student loans again. Just my two cents.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just bought a 2021 Denali w/6.2L that was from Hertz Rental w/49,000 miles for a little less. It has the middle package - e.g. there seems to be deluxe (bottom), premium (middle), ultimate (top). Since we only drive 5,000miles / year - this higher mileage won't hurt us much.

Of particular interest to us, the premium (middle tier) package does not have max tow (integrated brake controller and a little larger radiator?) or air-ride (self-leveling and raise/lower feature). So we added a brake controller and using a weight distribution hitch to minimize sag and it's working very well for us. We did a tow test of 5300lbs at 107F ambient up a 10mile mountain grade and passed with flying colors.

There are A LOT of little features, difficult to try them all out in a short period. For example, the auto-sense rain / wiper activation. But fortunately, after 2 mons and 1500 miles - all is working perfectly for us.

In our area, these vehicles are hard to come by - so that added a bit of 'yes' vs being picky for us.

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two electrical system checks right before selling or trading. If the GM dealer is close by maybe the service department would be willing to share the previous owners concern. $5,000 off the sticker price when new in 2021 so 3 years old. They are now selling 2024s although the price has increased. Low mileage does count for something but you are the one who needs to decide how much. You could look at Carmax online and see if they have one similar and see what they are selling for and also Kelley blue book would be another option to check the value. Good luck with your decision, nice clean looking low mileage vehicle.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wholesale mmr on that vehicle with 12,000 miles is 65,800 as of today.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Carfax report, couple things there that might be indicating a problem? Multiple registrations and liens, and electrical problems. I'd be sure to get a platinum GM extended warranty with it.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the Carfax report, couple things there that might be indicating a problem? Multiple registrations and liens, and electrical problems. I'd be sure to get a platinum GM extended warranty with it.
Um............
1 owner
Has to be registered every year. Where you from?
It's not a new lein it's the same one every registration..

If you finance you have a lien.

Electrical system checked is vague and doesn't indicate anything of substance..they checked the brakes too.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, most dealers want to make at least 10%?
Most dealers make their money in the back end with financing. Personallh I'd avoid a first year model. Otherwise I think it's fairly priced. You could negotiate some off the top id imagine.

Dburksmem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it is too high. I bought a 21 SLT in august 2023 with 22k miles with a 75k sticker when new for 61k. Clean 1 owner carfax. I also found a 2021 denali with an 84k sticker with 22k miles for 66k right after i purchased mines. Another clean 1 owner carfax. It had every option imaginable. 5k off from new is not enough to me for a 3 year old vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts