2020 base model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phillipmh06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does not have push button start but does have power locks and windows. Can I program a keyless entry remote to the vehicle and how is it done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check your owners manual. It will show step by step. If you don't have one you can download one. Good luck.

LDMoore

Reaction score
If not in the manual then research it on the internet. I think it has to have the RPO code for it then you can buy the fob and have it programmed

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does not have push button start but does have power locks and windows. Can I program a keyless entry remote to the vehicle and how is it done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
did it not come with a keyfob? if not then you just need to order the correct fob (call your local dealer parts department and give them the last 8 of your vin)
then you would need to have it programmed to your vehicle by a dealer or locksmith. I am 99.99% sure you would not be able to program it yourself since they upgraded the security, in the past you could do it yourself but not anymore.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Tahoe has a separate key and remote there is no manual on board procedure to program a keyless remote to this vehicle. This will require a locksmith with special equipment to be connected to the vehicle to program the remote.

it's as I figured same as my 2018 you have to have 2 existing working keys and/or remotes to program anything yourself.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have one working fob, that procedure will work. If you don't have a fob then correct it won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17