2019 Yukon SLT liftgate issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajh5986

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the forum. Thanks in advance for any guidance. I've seen a few threads on this but nothing tackling this exact issue.

When I hit the exterior handle on my light gate it only opens maybe 3 inches...hit it again, another 3 inches till fully up. The interior button on the liftgate not working at all. The overhead dial is to fully open.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Be well!

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to the "Audio and Electronics" section and look at the second post, liftgate not working here is the fix. Hopefully that will help.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is possible that one or more of the lift struts are shot. It would seem somewhat premature for the lift struts to give out, but it is possible.

The other possibility is that the electronic sensors associated with the lift arm mechanism got out of calibration somehow. If you have access to a bi-directional scanner, you could troubleshoot that life arm mechanism and recalibrate, if needed.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like one of the safety sensors either on the left or right. Disconnect it and try each side individually.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 was doing the same thing last year. Replaced a bad actuator / strut and that took care of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne