2019 Tahoe Front Camera?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhobtr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Tahoe LT with the rear camera and in-dash screen and I would like to add a front camera. Seems simple enough but I keep hitting dead ends. Everyone I contact says they can do it but they hit dead ends also.

I contacted GM accessories and they said they do not have an option for that but their supplier is Echomaster who should be able to help.

Echomaster says they can do it but none of the local shops can get enough info to give me a quote.

Basically same with MVI.

I don't want the complete surround system with cameras in the side mirrors, just one in the front so my wife can see to park.

Anyone done this?

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe not the solution you are looking for but they make dash cams now. I've never owned one but I will likely buy one in the near future. I believe they hookup to your phone via bluetooth. Clip on to the rear view mirror.

I bought a magnetic mount for my phone that goes in the CD slot in the Tahoe. So it essentially creates two screens. Not quite as nice as a stock integration but certainly not bad from my perspective.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whites automotive services can program the bcm to turn on the feature you would need to install the camera or have it installed, not sure why the dealer said they couldn't do it, all they should have to do is flash the bcm to enable the camera once it is installed

MechEng813

Reaction score
Could pick up a small 12vdc LCD screen and wire it to a cheap non-reversed image "backup camera"
Not as streamline as feeding it thru the factory screen, but would be a low cost alternative.

I had a setup like this on my Avalanche, to switch between color and Flir Thermal cameras in the front bumper.
With the Yukon, I'm just using the nightvision on a small screen just below the headliner and out of direct line of sight.

KeithinTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Tahoe LT with the rear camera and in-dash screen and I would like to add a front camera. Seems simple enough but I keep hitting dead ends. Everyone I contact says they can do it but they hit dead ends also.

I contacted GM accessories and they said they do not have an option for that but their supplier is Echomaster who should be able to help.

Echomaster says they can do it but none of the local shops can get enough info to give me a quote.

Basically same with MVI.

I don't want the complete surround system with cameras in the side mirrors, just one in the front so my wife can see to park.

Anyone done this?
I’ve installed a NavTool on my 2019 Tahoe and adding a front cam to it seems to be plug and play. I just need to know which front cam is the best fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne