2019 Tahoe front air deflector removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. What's involved. I searched for videos but they only have them for pickups. I know there are 10 bolts, but are there any clips involved and if yes how to release them? Anyone have some details on what needs to be done to remove it? I have read some conflicting stuff, like you need to remove the inner wells to get it off. I noticed on the new part there seems to be a tab on the top of each side that looks like the whole thing would have to drop down to disengage it. The manual says to remove the front fascia but that seems over the top. Any specific info will be appreciated. Thanks.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. What's involved. I searched for videos but they only have them for pickups. I know there are 10 bolts, but are there any clips involved and if yes how to release them? Anyone have some details on what needs to be done to remove it? I have read some conflicting stuff, like you need to remove the inner wells to get it off. I noticed on the new part there seems to be a tab on the top of each side that looks like the whole thing would have to drop down to disengage it. The manual says to remove the front fascia but that seems over the top. Any specific info will be appreciated. Thanks.

Seems most people just trim it as supposed to completely removing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have the part and it is trimmed. I was just looking for advice on switching them. Thanks anyway.

Is your current one wrecked or something? Just curious why you’d change it out for a new one.

(Thread bump btw)

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want it hanging down so I wanted to trim it. The part was not expensive so I decided to trim the new part in case I messed it up. I didn't want to mess up the one on the truck, if I messed this up I could just eat the cash for the part and that would be that. I also didn't think it was a bad idea to have the stock one in case there was an issue when I trade it in. I realize I could have trimmed the one on there and had the new one as an extra.....I don't know why I did it the way I did but the bottom line is I was just looking for some helpful information on how to get the part removed and installed in the easiest fashion. Thank You.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't want it hanging down so I wanted to trim it. The part was not expensive so I decided to trim the new part in case I messed it up. I didn't want to mess up the one on the truck, if I messed this up I could just eat the cash for the part and that would be that. I also didn't think it was a bad idea to have the stock one in case there was an issue when I trade it in. I realize I could have trimmed the one on there and had the new one as an extra.....I don't know why I did it the way I did but the bottom line is I was just looking for some helpful information on how to get the part removed and installed in the easiest fashion. Thank You.
(Psst. Sticky right up there ^). That being said, its a beating. Now that you have some practice, you might just try doing the one still on the truck as removal takes way more time and effort. I started removing, but quickly decided to saw in place - I dont understand why GM uses so many clips. Ramps make it easier as do the right tools...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Syniba

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
(Psst. Sticky right up there ^). That being said, its a beating. Now that you have some practice, you might just try doing the one still on the truck as removal takes way more time and effort. I started removing, but quickly decided to saw in place - I dont understand why GM uses so many clips. Ramps make it easier as do the right tools...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What sticky covers this? None are labeled as such and you didn't provide any links.

OP
OP
Reyetwinger

Reyetwinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm very good at Googling information. It's not a case of my being lazy and just asking on here for the info....the info is not out there for my specific application that I could find. I spent hours looking. I have seen the previous generation discussed/with video, and the pickups old and new discussed also with video, not this generation Tahoe/Suburban, at least not in any kind of detail. I would love to know procedure, part numbers of any clips or special tools to properly remove it, but that information is not there to find. Lots of people talking about having done it, but no discussion of specifics. I already have the part cut, I spent some time contouring it the way I want it so I am not interested in starting over with the one on the truck. I am sure it has been done by many but this thread just probably won't get the exposure necessary buried in this kind of obscure section of the forum for me to find out. If anyone has a link to what I am asking about specifically I would be more than happy to view it, and I will tip my hat to you for finding it. Thanks.