2019 suburban future upgrades for overlanding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had a bit of a thought here with planning future Suburban upgrades… specifically with the undercarriage. I couldn’t find specific info on this.

Looks to me like a H2 rear SF14bolt with fit under the 1500 SUV’s with the same mount points. For the front I see that I can put the 1500HD knuckles and 8lug hubs and half shafts in place.
This isn’t for towing but for slight payload increase and axle longevity for larger tires 35”+
Front suspension will be easy as I’m finally going to get my mid-travel kit soon and can option it to fit those parts.

Im still Doing research on if the front axle with bolt in and keep my autotrac working. That way front and rear both are 4:10 gearing.

With Gm trucks being equivalent to Legos in compatibility the Parts are cheap enough still to make this worth a shot for something unique without buying a new rig.

What do you guys think?

OP
OP
RB_Trucker

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant the oem front diff just be regeared?
With some research I now know the half shafts and hubs and knuckles will bolt on.
Before I thought the H2 diff and shaft flanges were a different size due to the 3/4t hardware that would require some mods.

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a lot of jig-sawing for slightly more robust hardware, but it sounds similar to how some of the GMT800 projects played out.

For your goals, it might be worth while to just have a shop design the front. The upcoming GM e-locker front diff might also be an answer.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SFA swap...FTW.

do it once, do it right...pull a dana 60 from something and fab away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu