2018 Yukon third row seat won't lay flat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CharlieMSU

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I’ll give it a shot. Having the same issue with my 2018 Tahoe Premier. It would be understandable if it had always been that way, but what I can’t understand is why it’s not on all vehicles, just some of them, it seems to be at random. (Maybe a production line?)
My 2018 Premier doesn’t fold flat but my 2015 LTZ folded PERFECTLY FLAT. I’ve also come across a car review posted by a reputable site (can’t recall which one but it’s one of the big car pages) talking about the writer’s first impression of the 2015 Tahoe model (the post and video are dated early 2015). He describes the issue with the 3rd row not laying flat on the Tahoe he was reviewing and says that the issue doesn’t happen with other SUVs. So, why wouldn’t his 2015 Tahoe seats lay flat but my would? That makes no sense. Either all lay flat or none. And if some lay flat, why can’t a dealership compare the flats to non-flats and spot the issue?

OP
OP
Ct Pirate

Ct Pirate

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Charlie,

I got fed up with the lack of caring after spending $70k with the dealer so I just took my third row out and filled the empty spots in the carpet with packing foam and use the Weather Tech mat over it. There was no way I was going to deal with that another day. Now the mice in my attic can kick back in style!

Mac0125

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey
I know this is an old thread but I’ll give it a shot. Having the same issue with my 2018 Tahoe Premier. It would be understandable if it had always been that way, but what I can’t understand is why it’s not on all vehicles, just some of them, it seems to be at random. (Maybe a production line?)
My 2018 Premier doesn’t fold flat but my 2015 LTZ folded PERFECTLY FLAT. I’ve also come across a car review posted by a reputable site (can’t recall which one but it’s one of the big car pages) talking about the writer’s first impression of the 2015 Tahoe model (the post and video are dated early 2015). He describes the issue with the 3rd row not laying flat on the Tahoe he was reviewing and says that the issue doesn’t happen with other SUVs. So, why wouldn’t his 2015 Tahoe seats lay flat but my would? That makes no sense. Either all lay flat or none. And if some lay flat, why can’t a dealership compare the flats to non-flats and spot the issue?

Hey I was having the same issue. I fixed this pretty easily hopefully it works for you. First I cleared out anything and everything that could possibly hold it up or be it's way. Than I grabbed a hold of the seat and yanked pretty hard forward towards the front of the vehicle. I did this a few times, as well as kinda pulled it forward and left and right. I don't remember where I read it but it worked and now my seats lay flat. No issues and going on 1 yr. 2017 Tahoe premier. Hope it works for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz