2018 Tahoe RST brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon Pousette-Dart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm at 34,000 on Tahoe RST. Getting pulsing when braking. Wondering if that would just be the front rotors with Brembo brakes and or rear rotors. Seems early to replace rotors.
Thank you.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ that

next ?,
how hard is it driven? ;)

i have similar but diff brakes & almost squeaked 50k out of them.... & i am ******* the brakes
^ LOL , h a r d on
:D

Last edited:

AZRiverRunner

Reaction score
I have 64k mostly highway miles on my RST with Brembo brakes, about still look to have at least 1/2 the meat still on the pads, with very minimal wear on the rotors. They squeak occasionally, as do my other vehicles with high performance brakes.

OP
OP
Jon Pousette-Dart

Jon Pousette-Dart

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AZRiverRunner, I'm trying to figure how you got 64K out of Brembo's on the front. At 35K mine were basically metal on metal, and all I do is long range hiway driving. Replacement for rotors and pads was $2k with my buddy almost eliminating most of labor. On next round, will probably remove Brembo's and go back OEM.
$440 a rotor? No way I'll do another round of that. I also have 2018 with 5.3, not 6.2.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 34,000 on Tahoe RST. Getting pulsing when braking. Wondering if that would just be the front rotors with Brembo brakes and or rear rotors. Seems early to replace rotors.
Thank you.
My 2019 Yukon with the front Brembo brakes had warped rotors at 18K. Replaced with new and still OK at 53K.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA