2018 Tahoe..Rims = Ride ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a set of 22 inch rst Wheels are on a 2018 tahoe that has 18 inch How much does the ride change I’m assuming it will be a little rougher. Will the tpm sensors work? Both factory, will the speedo be correct as long as the circumference between tire and rim are the same any info would be appreciated thanks

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a set of 22 inch rst Wheels are on a 2018 tahoe that has 18 inch How much does the ride change I’m assuming it will be a little rougher. Will the tpm sensors work? Both factory, will the speedo be correct as long as the circumference between tire and rim are the same any info would be appreciated thanks

The ride will certainly change and is subjective. Tire height remains essentially the same assuming you are running stock size tires on each wheel. TPM sensors can move over.

265-65-18 (31.56") = 285-45-22 (32.1")

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the magnetic ride control?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the RST already has tpms you can program them to your rig or swap them. I’d go with whichever is newer or replace now.

aducknut

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ride quality will definitely change I have a 2018 Tahoe premier w/ Magnetic ride that I bought new, the rides not that great with 22’s..... I test drove some 2018 with 20’s ride much better with magnetic ride.

hcvone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You live in NJ and I live in PA so the roads are about the same, horrible, I have been riding on 22's and 24's since 2002, in the winter I would switch to 18's and snow tires, the ride of the 18's was SO MUCH SMOOTHER compared to the 22's or 24's, but of course the larger wheels look much better IMO. Now I have winter and summer 22's, and just put up with the harsher ride because the 18's will not clear the Brembo brakes. Maybe keep your 18's for the winter if that is an option, if not you will get used to the 22's, 18's for the winter are cheaper if you damage one

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compound of the tire can help soften the ride too and since they’ll only be on a few months you shouldn’t need new ones too soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN