2018 Chevy Tahoe Z71 wheels and tires added with specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally ordered the wheels and tires.
Original Wheels: (Factory wheels)18x8.5 with +24mm offset
Original Tires: Goodyear Duratrac 265/65/18

Replaced them with:
Wheels: XD820 Grenade in Black Satin 20x9 with 0mm offset
Tires: Toyo Open Country A/T III's 295/55/20's

This Tahoe only has a front level block on it (think it's 1.5"), nothing on the rear.
The back sits a little lower, which I hate, it's sitting about 1 inch (haven't measured it yet) lower than the front. I'm planning on pulling the front block out and putting a 3"-4" suspension lift on it.

side view with wheels.jpg

The edge of the tire rubs the inside back wall just a little bit when turning about 1/2 way to full lock. Tires are clear at full turn. Easy fix, when I do it, I will post what I had to do. Most people use a hammer (like a dead blow or rubber hammer) to beat the wall back some, that would work, but that ain't my style.
tire rub back inside fender well.jpg

I am going to cut this little corner off (front corner of bumper skin), even though it doesn't make contact, it's just a little too close for me. In the picture, it looks closer, but it gets about an inch away, during turning.
front bumper skin clearance.jpg

new wheels side view clearance.jpg
These AT3's in LT295/55/20 are actually 50,000mile, T (118mph) rated tires with a load "E" rating, they grip the road good! If you go with a P285/55/20, they're actually 65,000 mile tires! Also T rated, I just wanted the extra width from the 295's though.
angle view of new wheels.jpg

OP
OP
cmhorns

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 Chevy Tahoe Z71 wheels and tires added with specs Part II

Here are some views of the stagger/poke and how the Tahoe sits now
front view sit.jpg

The exhaust kind of messed up the view of the right side tire, oops...
rear view sit.jpg

front to back view wheel poke.jpg

back to front view wheel poke.jpg

driveway passenger angle truck.jpg

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved my XD grenades. Started with the 20x9 0 offset (I had a 2.5 suspension max level) and then went to the 20x10 -24 Grenade when I went to a 4” Fabtech kit. You can always add a 1” rear coil spacer if you like the front height and just want to raise your rear up. Hell, even the Readylift kit might be a nice option and cheap. I think it’s 2.25” front and 1.5” rear and only about $300.

There’s a nice black Tahoe on here that did the BDS 4” lift. I think his thread title is BDS 4”, 20 x10, 33” Tires or something like that. His setup inspired me to do the same on my previous 2016 Yukon. My old thread build is on here too.

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve always thought our vehicles looked better with AMP steps over running boards as well....especially with the smaller 3-4” lifts. Just gives the Illusion the vehicle is taller than it is and better aesthetics in my opinion. That other Tahoe with the BDS 4” had them so you can see. I ran my factory Denali drop downs but even they were thick and didn’t tuck away underneath the vehicle like the AMP.

I’m really digging the new AT3 design. I just opted to get some Nitto G2 but damn, the AT3 is less aggressive side wall now and looks pretty damn close to g2 but I like the tread of the AT3 better.

OP
OP
cmhorns

cmhorns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it through CarID, it was a little of a pain but not too bad. One thing though, when I bought the insert, on their site it said the silver lugs were stainless steel, they are NOT stainless steel they are chrome plated ABS plastic! (same stuff your oem grille is) Damn liars! I went round and round with them ants long story short CarID didn't do s***! It really doesn't bother me, it's just that if they say that, then I think they should've sent me some that are SS. It's held up and I saved a couple hundred bucks by not buying the name brand ones. I went with the generic one because all I wanted on there was a z71 logo. I think the logo (bolt on) I bought from Amazon for about 15 bucks or so.
I took the front bumper skin off to install it, which also gave me the chance to do the black plasti dip job on the chrome.
I've seen where some have installed these mesh inserts without removing the grille and bumper skin, but I don't like making something harder than it really is and I don't like bending plastic just to get clearance for your hands and arms to fit behind the grille.

Last edited: