2017 Tahoe 6 speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2017 Tahoe which the trans went bad and had it rebuilt at a trans shop in my community. When they rebuilt it, they used a Billet TQ, Sonnax valves and shift kit and updated the thermostat. They also used BG trans fluid and not AC Delco fluid.

It has about 3-4k on the build and it has a very stiff shift at 20 & 35 MPH , primarily on downshift more than under acceleration. They tell me it's because of the shift kit and not anything they can do about that except change the shift kit.

I have read other threads here that reference your tuning process can smooth out the shift patterns?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2017 Tahoe which the trans went bad and had it rebuilt at a trans shop in my community. When they rebuilt it, they used a Billet TQ, Sonnax valves and shift kit and updated the thermostat. They also used BG trans fluid and not AC Delco fluid.

It has about 3-4k on the build and it has a very stiff shift at 20 & 35 MPH , primarily on downshift more than under acceleration. They tell me it's because of the shift kit and not anything they can do about that except change the shift kit.

I have read other threads here that reference your tuning process can smooth out the shift patterns?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim
We would be happy to help! Give us a call 877-809-4070 and we can go over everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamThatRiver24