2017 Sierra vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powerhaulic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will begin by saying I was a dealer tech for many years before opening my own power-sports business.

I have been a GM faithful since my first vehicle ('66 chevelle)

I have strayed occasionally, '95 v10 dodge p/u, '01 v10 dodge ext. cab, and they had their warranty issues.......no manufacturer is without them.

I see the countless threads about vibration in the newest GM P/U,didn't scare me.........lol

Had a 2008 Savana AWD van, great truck.......traded it at 100k

replaced it with 2011 Yukon XL Denali, 6.2 6spd just off lease at 42k two years old because I wanted another AWD....they worked great!!

I put more miles on Yukon quickly than I wanted to (up to 67k in 18 mo), and knowing how strong the resale is I decided to trade for new Sierra.

sorry for the long winded background.........just dont want anyone to call me a troll.

2017 Sierra Crew short bed SLT, 6.2 8spd, Max tow, exactly what i wanted!

dealer traded for it, so it had 200+ miles

Before delivery decided to trade in the Good Years (LS2) for a set of Michelin Defenders..... I like quality tires. Ordered from local tire dealer.

Everything was great.

At 350mi started feeling slight shudder in driveline at 60ish mph (LS2's still on truck). New Michelins arrive and installed at 480mi.

No change with new tires, but vibration has been getting more frequent and predictable.

I have narrowed it down to 8th gear only, manual to 7th it disappears. I believe mine is torque converter shudder.....

Thoughts please.........

No it has not been back to any dealer yet, nearest one is an hour and i purchased it 2+ hours from my home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick