2016 Z71 rims/tires/mudflaps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I had planned on rims/tires and a small lift after the truck was out of warranty, but my mistaken interaction with a high sewer grate and a sidewall gash got me needing a set of tires. I wanted to stay close to stock height as this is my daily driver and need to be able to fit in parking garages.

I was really on the fence about a leveling kit, as I noticed my truck(Z71) sat a bit higher in front than other Tahoe LTs so decided against the leveling kit for now, as I wanted a slight rake, so track doesn't sag when loaded with gear/people. Here is my before/after photos.

18" rims and BFG KO2 AT /Load range E tires, with Husky mudflaps.

2gyHH2y

2fMn9lk

jerryksr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Truck looks Great!!! What size tire and wheels? Any rubbing issues at all?

Thanks,
Jerry

OP
OP
T

TonyNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Jerry, I'm real happy with it, looks and rides better. Tires are BFG KO2 All Terrains 275/65 R18 tires. They are a bit shy of 32.1" diameter.

No Rubbing issues at all. The rims are 18" x 9"

I always ran BFG ATs on my trucks, this is the first time with the KO2s, I'm sold on 'em, better than the originals and are snow rated.

-Tony

jerryksr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm with you on keeping the stock suspension. I don't care what anyone says, it changes the drive quality.

What a difference a set of tires makes, huh? I don't know how GM gets away with calling those SR-A's All-Terrains, or why? You would think they would put a more aggressive tire on a Z71...?!?

Any kind of road noise with the KO's? I had BFG AT many years ago and I can't remember (sux getting old).
I like the General Grabbers, too, but I don't see a lot of them on the road. I'm looking for an AT, but {{{QUIET}}}, LOL. Thanks, Tony

Jerry

OP
OP
T

TonyNJ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The SR-A's were so bad that I could not get up a slushy frozen driveway last year in 4wd, they were caked with frozen slush and completely useless.

As for road noise. The KO2s do have some hum noticeable at 20mph+, but not terribly loud. I'd buy em again for sure!

-Tony

UATahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rims are those? Great looking ride. Looks perfect to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts