2016 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I thought the XL Denali came with a 3.42 rear end? He said this came with the 3.23 or something like that.

Edit: I thought wrong lol. Looks like it was a option for the 5.3. 3.23 is standard on the 6.2.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive the Denali today. Drove like a damn dream! Was pushing 90mph and didn't even know it! Smoooooooooth. Loved it, wife loved it, but...

Wife didn't like the tires, even though they were brand new. Confirmed today they were Bridgestone H/L all season tires. She is thinking they are a dedicated highway tire, and wanted them switched out. Long story about the back and forth with the dealership about that. Frustrasted with my wife, and not wanting to "talk about it" at the dealership I loaded up the kids, and told the wife let's go home.

We went to go see another Denali before we went back to the 2016. Didn't have all the options we wanted, and the warranty couldn't even touch the other one. When we got to the other dealership the guy printed out a sheet each of what each truck had using their vin. The 2016 was $81k new, and the 2015 was $73k new. Price difference between them today was a little over $1,700.

I told her to go find a car she wants now, and stepping back.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive the Denali today. Drove like a damn dream! Was pushing 90mph and didn't even know it! Smoooooooooth. Loved it, wife loved it, but...

Wife didn't like the tires, even though they were brand new. Confirmed today they were Bridgestone H/L all season tires. She is thinking they are a dedicated highway tire, and wanted them switched out. Long story about the back and forth with the dealership about that. Frustrasted with my wife, and not wanting to "talk about it" at the dealership I loaded up the kids, and told the wife let's go home.

We went to go see another Denali before we went back to the 2016. Didn't have all the options we wanted, and the warranty couldn't even touch the other one. When we got to the other dealership the guy printed out a sheet each of what each truck had using their vin. The 2016 was $81k new, and the 2015 was $73k new. Price difference between them today was a little over $1,700.

I told her to go find a car she wants now, and stepping back.
From my experience with Bridgestone duelers that were on my stock 17s when I bought, they are terrible. So I can't day I blame her for not liking them. Haha

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well dealership called back yesterday, and gave my wife what she wanted. $1500 off a "no haggle & no hassle" price.

Drove down yesterday and payed for the Denali. Pick it up first thing Saturday morning.

I was a pawn in my wife's scheme of things lol. Make a fuss at the dealer, let them check in, direct them them to my wife, then let her finish ha ha!

I apologized to her. Now to find some in channel window visors and floor mats.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well dealership called back yesterday, and gave my wife what she wanted. $1500 off a "no haggle & no hassle" price.

Drove down yesterday and payed for the Denali. Pick it up first thing Saturday morning.

I was a pawn in my wife's scheme of things lol. Make a fuss at the dealer, let them check in, direct them them to my wife, then let her finish ha ha!

I apologized to her. Now to find some in channel window visors and floor mats.
See women are still good for some things!!! :D sweet deal man! Congrats! Post sime photos when you take delivery!

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See women are still good for some things!!! :D sweet deal man! Congrats! Post sime photos when you take delivery!

She had to go do a blood glucose test which is about 3 hours long. When she came home she asked, "did they call yet?" I replied, "nope" in a semi sarcastic voice. I kid you not, not 3 minutes later I get a text from the dealership. Starting laughing and my wife asked me what was up. I showed her the text, and she replied back saying, "my wife is in the library. I'll have her call you when she gets back." She called them back in a few hours just to spite them lol. All I heard was, "you gonna sell me a Denali today?, well who's selling me the car, you or your manager? Should I be talking to your manager instead? No. No. No. Okay." She had to run an do a quick errand after that. On her way home she said print the check and get the kids ready to go. Ha ha! I have some making up to do yet lol!

She is in love with the Denali. I remember when we were in college (10+ years ago) and walked through town and passed a dealership. Saw a good looking Yukon Denali in that white with glitter and we both were in awe. Walked up to the price tag and kept on walking lol. We said one day we will get one, and we did. Feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning right now. So happy and excited.

OP
OP
EzSkAnKeN

EzSkAnKeN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought some AVS In-Channel Vent Visors, and Husky everything else lol. X-Act floor mats for the front, second, and third rows. As well as a WeatherBeater cargo mat. This was a major need with all my kids and long road trips planned this summer.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She had to go do a blood glucose test which is about 3 hours long. When she came home she asked, "did they call yet?" I replied, "nope" in a semi sarcastic voice. I kid you not, not 3 minutes later I get a text from the dealership. Starting laughing and my wife asked me what was up. I showed her the text, and she replied back saying, "my wife is in the library. I'll have her call you when she gets back." She called them back in a few hours just to spite them lol. All I heard was, "you gonna sell me a Denali today?, well who's selling me the car, you or your manager? Should I be talking to your manager instead? No. No. No. Okay." She had to run an do a quick errand after that. On her way home she said print the check and get the kids ready to go. Ha ha! I have some making up to do yet lol!

She is in love with the Denali. I remember when we were in college (10+ years ago) and walked through town and passed a dealership. Saw a good looking Yukon Denali in that white with glitter and we both were in awe. Walked up to the price tag and kept on walking lol. We said one day we will get one, and we did. Feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning right now. So happy and excited.
I love siting the dealership! I had a similar experience when I bought mine from the gmc deslership I bought from. Nice dude!

DenaliEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Hope it serves you well for many years to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
07blackhoe