2016 Yukon XL Denali - buffeting/excessive vibration - follow along

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
9/15/15 - I took delivery of my 2016 Yukon XL Denali around noon. This truck was DX'd from another dealership approximately 100 miles away and was driven here on Monday (9/14/15). I took a quick test drive and was focused on the buffeting issue. It was definitely there but didn't seem to be as bad as previous vehicles that I had driven. On my way home I noticed some severed vibrations above 70mph all the way up to about 80mph. I called the service department yesterday afternoon and made an appt for this morning. We needed the room that this vehicle provides fairly quickly (lots of travel with soccer, aging parents, etc. - my wife, two young daughters and two puppies less than a year old). Some say why didn't you just swap it out with another one? This configuration was exactly what I wanted and, unlike White Diamond, the Summit White's are hard to locate, especially a 2016.

9/16/15 - took car in and described in detail what i had experienced (the buffeting and the vibration). 3 hrs later they informed me that a GM representative happened to be onsite and that they found 3 of the 4 tires to be significantly out of balance (via road force balancing). They have 20-30 (I don't recall which exact number) tires in stock of the same exact model that's on my Yukon XL (22"). They are having to put a tire on a rim to get them all matched which should solve the vibration problem. I was put into a Chevy Impala from Enterprise (there is world championship bike race in town for the next week so all larger rentals are gone, apparently). Stay tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 30

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's just a tire balancing issue, I'd say that was a narrow escape. I was concerned to see a 2016 still connected to this pressure/buffeting issue. I hope the tire change out resolves it for you.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
If it's just a tire balancing issue, I'd say that was a narrow escape. I was concerned to see a 2016 still connected to this pressure/buffeting issue. I hope the tire change out resolves it for you.

Ha! No kidding...I hope that's the case. My first GM experience hasn't started out as planned.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Sounds like just a balancing issue. Doesnt sound too serious. They should be able to get you all set pretty quick.

rad-man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what's "road force balancing"?

Honestly, I havent even driven above 75, so now i'm scared to try.
I also have the 22's, so hopefully this isnt linked to the 2015 problems....

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
Have them find another or order what you want. Hell, tell them to let you drive another inventory vehicle until they fix yours or get you another one..

I went back and said an Impala wasn't going to cut it. 16 Acadia Denali until today (hopefully).

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

what's "road force balancing"?

Honestly, I havent even driven above 75, so now i'm scared to try.
I also have the 22's, so hopefully this isnt linked to the 2015 problems....

Here is a quick video on it. 3 of the 4 tires on my Yukon were pretty far out of spec. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQxVAssnbp8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879