2016 Yukon Denali won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get something new?
So you can be lucky enough to pay 50k for a 2016 that does the same thing. :2cents:

LOL.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get something new?
So you can be lucky enough to pay 50k for a 2016 that does the same thing. :2cents:

LOL.
Oh I didn't know that was a feature that they all have.. I get your point, but you're a little off. All vehicles have issues. But 10 years with a periodically dead battery that nobody can figure out isn't normal. I don't think a 2016 will do that, or a 15 or a 17. But ok 'LOL'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Denali Xl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here's my issue. Just drove it last night with no issues. Come this morning, truck won't start, nothing. Couldn't even use my remote key fob. Had to open door manually with the key. Nothing turns on in the truck, no lights, nothing. Tried to jump the battery but no change, still nothing is working. Any ideas?
What did you figure out with this?

BuffordTJustice

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar dead battery issue on my '15 Denali at the grocery store, that I bought CPO and had owned for ~11 months. One slow start, then after that nothing, the battery had completely died, had to manually unlock the door etc... I brought my Range Rover over to give it a jump with my 'emergency' jumper cables, and nothing... These trucks need alot of current to get started. I went to the auto parts store and got heavy duty 4 ga. jumper cables for about $25 dollars and it started right up.

The battery died again shortly there after, and my wonderful GM dealer refused to address it under the CPO bumper to bumper warranty, so I had to replace it myself.
I'm not sure what the value of GM's CPO is if something dies under the bumper to bumper warranty and it is excluded..., but I'm getting off topic.

Make sure to carry heavy gauge / professional jumper cables for these trucks, and the box fits nicely under the middle seat.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi slackerwil and others,

We apologize we weren’t able to get to you guys sooner and can certainly understand how frustrating this issue can be. Please know that we would be more than happy to contact the dealer on your behalf to get this addressed. Please feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further. Be sure to include your full contact info, VIN, mileage and preferred dealer. We're here if further assistance is needed.

Best,

Bret B.
GM Customer Care

OP
OP
slackerwil

slackerwil

Reaction score
What did you figure out with this?
Sorry for such a late response. Got a tow truck the following day (Monday), he decided to try to jump it using a jumper box and it freakin' worked! Damn thing started. Still got it towed to nearest dealer and they checked it out after I told them my situation. Dealer had no answers for me, said battery was fine. Thought maybe I left something on in the truck....I found that hard to believe but who knows. Since then, no issues with my truck.

ruger761

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the pinched wire issue happens on the 2017s?

We've had a new Tahoe for about 2 months. 2 weeks ago had a dead battery. I though it was very strange, jumped it, it charged back. Then yesterday it did the same thing. Took it into the dealer and so far they cant figure out whats going on with it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drewlester77