2016 Yukon Denali Rear squeaking noises after 2 inch lowering kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a used 2016 gmc yukon denali. Last weekend I put a rear 2" lowering kit to level out the back. Now I get a squeaking noise when I turn the vehicle either way at lower speeds and some times i hear it going straight if i am at lower speeds. I didn't notice this happening before the lowering kit and can't figure out why. I am thinking it might be the U joints as the truck does have 80k miles but I'm not much of a mechanic. Any insight someone my have to help me figure out this problem would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 93K on my ‘15 Yukon XL Denali and the rear is also lowered, has been for the last 30K+ miles. I don’t have any rear squeaking noises going on.

How exactly did you lower level the rear?
What kit or parts did you use?
Did you install rear shock extenders?
Did you re-use the stock spring isolators or no?

Post up some more details about the parts used to lower/level your rear end and you’ll get more useful input, insight, and information.

OP
OP
DenaliLife

DenaliLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 93K on my ‘15 Yukon XL Denali and the rear is also lowered, has been for the last 30K+ miles. I don’t have any rear squeaking noises going on.

How exactly did you lower level the rear?
What kit or parts did you use?
Did you install rear shock extenders?
Did you re-use the stock spring isolators or no?

Post up some more details about the parts used to lower/level your rear end and you’ll get more useful input, insight, and information.
I used max track kit 2” rear lowering kit. New springs and shock mounts. Also I did reuse the stock isolaters.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you loosen and re-torque all the bolts to the control arms and panhard bar after you lowered it? Even though 2 inches isn’t a huge drop, the theory is that the bushings are pre-loaded at a certain height and the change in ride height without re-torquing them puts them in more of a bind. It’s possible it could squeak because of it.

If you do re-torque, make sure the suspension is completely loaded and full weight on the ground. Driving up on a couple 2x4’s helps with space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DenaliLife

DenaliLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you loosen and re-torque all the bolts to the control arms and panhard bar after you lowered it? Even though 2 inches isn’t a huge drop, the theory is that the bushings are pre-loaded at a certain height and the change in ride height without re-torquing them puts them in more of a bind. It’s possible it could squeak because of it.

If you do re-torque, make sure the suspension is completely loaded and full weight on the ground. Driving up on a couple 2x4’s helps with space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No non of this was mentioned to do per the manufactures installation guide. There doesn't appear to be a panhard bar just the sway bar.

greenhornet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a panhard bar.It is near the top of the diff assy.It goes from the axle to the frame .This considered a 5 link suspension due to using coil springs.

OP
OP
DenaliLife

DenaliLife

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes there is a panhard bar.It is near the top of the diff assy.It goes from the axle to the frame .This considered a 5 link suspension due to using coil springs.
This problem was resolved took it to a shop and they found the problem to be in the rear brakes. They changed rear pads and readjusted e brake and the squeak noises are now gone!

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This problem was resolved took it to a shop and they found the problem to be in the rear brakes. They changed rear pads and readjusted e brake and the squeak noises are now gone!
Glad to hear you got your squeak taken care of.

Thank you for coming back and posting what the resolution was. This will give others some direction if they have similar issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts