2016 Yukon Denali- Black Bear Performance Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got rid of the 2013 Denali XL for a 2016 Yukon Denali. We are excited to get cranking on this one!

Here she sat when we were leaving the dealership:

5dcbf844-2930-48c9-aedf-2c397de7221c_zpsodvuifhf.jpg

Here she is after a quick wash:

4dc21d11-3f34-4927-bd03-2dd6b2c9fc81_zpspg46lpn5.jpg

ce625fbf-3a00-4d41-bb77-a805d44b8987_zpsjxbil1sf.jpg

Some of the mods have already started to arrive!

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would be great would be to test it base line...then incrementally...each step up to show the difference in performance step by step. This would give you solid research on a popular platform for each modification.

If you're old enough to remember...Peterson (Hot Rod/Car Craft) did "Project X" using a '57 Chevy as a platform to test just about anything and everything Chevy over years of testing.

Now with these new generation of DI motors, on THE MOST popular SUV platform...you could build a menu of what does what from A-Z.

That would be super cool!

Last edited:
OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What would be great would be to test it base line...then incrementally...each step up to show the difference in performance step by step. This would give you solid research on a popular platform for each modification.

If you're old enough to remember...Peterson (Hot Rod/Car Craft) did "Project X" using a '57 Chevy as a platform to test just about anything and everything Chevy over years of testing.

Now with these new generation of DI motors, on THE MOST popular SUV platform...you could build a menu of what does what from A-Z.

It would be cool however, I'm not adding typical bolt ons. We are going to do the intake testing because it is easy to swap and it is a mod that is questioned to the guys everyday.

I will not keep an intake on there, as I will be FI. Also, exhaust will remain stock, there is not enough performance gain to warrant swapping it out, and I like the current tone. Headers and cam are on the list as well, but cam selection is a very personal choice item.

P.S. I have no clue who that person is, but sounds like a fun build!

Sent from my fone.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be cool however, I'm not adding typical bolt ons. We are going to do the intake testing because it is easy to swap and it is a mod that is questioned to the guys everyday.

I will not keep an intake on there, as I will be FI. Also, exhaust will remain stock, there is not enough performance gain to warrant swapping it out, and I like the current tone. Headers and cam are on the list as well, but cam selection is a very personal choice item.

P.S. I have no clue who that person is, but sounds like a fun build!

Sent from my fone.

Here you go...

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0801phr-1957-chevy-bel-air-210/

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Peterson's? You are old.

I remember, so I am too :(

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a suggestion you could build it as follows:

1. Your Tune with no other changes...
2. Then add a CAI...
3. Possibly exhaust...
4. A Magnuson 2.9 Supercharger...
5. Then Headers...
6. Maybe Heads and Cam change...

This would sort of factor in all that you folks sell showing step by step improvements as it relates to the platform.

You have a great shot here to show the differences step by step on a great platform. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the results of whatever you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts