2016 Tahoe LTZ electrical problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mario G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello People, My 2016 tahoe LTZ recently got a problem where my gauge cluster resets while driving and goes back on marking all sensors theft deterrent, airbag, suspension, stability trak, etc. Electric steps also dont go down, Horn on locking the truck is very weak also why I thought was the battery. Truck cranks up good, Tried switching out battery the issue is still happening alternator is also good checked all my fuses no problems.

Anyone have this issue please let me know any recommendations help.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cluster on yours is part of the "most" network, this interfaces the radio and steering wheel and cluster together.
I would check all grounds first, one of the bcm grounds is in front of the drivers side pillar next to the left speaker, a couple grounds are right behind the front wheels on the frame both left & right side.
also a ignition switch problem could cause the cluster to reset
this doesn't mean go replacing the ignition these are just things that it "might" be
check the grounds first, and ,maybe while driving try jiggling the key and see if anything happens
could be a faulty cluster as well, kind of hard to troubleshoot

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

When a ground become corroded on these truck, all sorts of issues arise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts