2016 Escalade/Noise in when motor kicks down to V4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dawnie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping some one has some info on this. Recently got a 16 Escalade esv. When driving and it kicks down to V4 I get a vibration/humming noise that’s coming from the right front area. It’s only when in V4 and have a little bit of acceleration. As soon as I get on the gas enough to go back to V8 it goes away.
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali 4x4. My transmission was doing the same thing and occassionally sounded like i was driving over the rumble strips on the side of the road. When I described it to the dealer they knew exactly what it was. They had issues with the transmission fluid that was originally used. Once it was changed, it was all good again.

OP
OP
N

nicks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Yukon Denali 4x4. My transmission was doing the same thing and occassionally sounded like i was driving over the rumble strips on the side of the road. When I described it to the dealer they knew exactly what it was. They had issues with the transmission fluid that was originally used. Once it was changed, it was all good again.
@Dawnie what was the mileage on yours?

Reaction score
I'm having a similar gremlin on my 2015 Yukon Denali XL 4wd. I just posted the issue and didn't get any feedback: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/weird-drivetrain-sound.135445/

It sounds very similar to what I'm experiencing. I've been explaining it as a metallic sound like a heat shield is loose. Driving over grate or rumble strips better describes it. It generally happened coming out of turns. It happened a few times to slowing down in traffic then accelerating in a straight line.

Here is the Service Bulletin.

lisahoff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hoping some one has some info on this. Recently got a 16 Escalade esv. When driving and it kicks down to V4 I get a vibration/humming noise that’s coming from the right front area. It’s only when in V4 and have a little bit of acceleration. As soon as I get on the gas enough to go back to V8 it goes away.
Did you ever find out what this issue was? I have a 2018 that is doing this too and can not get a diagnosis. Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts