2016 Denali XL vibration on delivery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We traded in our 2014 Callaway Esclade ESV for a 2016 Denali XL

We now own a 2015 Callaway Denali Iridium..... hot rod :)
2015 Denali XL Black.... K9 work truck
2016 Denali Xl black......family car

not new to GM Suvs we have owned 8 prior generation Escalades and Tahoes including a factory ordered PPV

SO I am also not new to the new generation GM suv

We took delivery last night of our 2016 XL and when we pulled out of the dealer lot there was a horrible vibration from 40-50 mph. My future bride was livid and we drove right back to dealer to make sure it was noted that this vibration was taking place with only 12 miles on the truck.

Dealer wants truck back in the morning to balance wheels again. We are headed 4 hrs North on vacation this morning so this whole thing sucks.

Needless to say not very happy.

Will update in a few days.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This really is getting to be a trend. I was lucky I guess that mine was driven 245 miles from another dealer before I took delivery and no issues presented themselves on that trip. I have been smooth from day one from 0~120 plus with mine...20" rims.

You didn't say but is your new 16 running 22" rims? I have heard that GM had an issue earlier in the year with the suppliers of the 22's...that may possibly be your problem.

RAISE HELL...squeaky wheel gets the grease !!

NowZoomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't keep it, you should flip it back to the dealer before it gets titled for another one

For most, the vibration issue is a complete B to pinpoint

A few are lucky with tires as the culprit

Most are left to deal with the vibration coming from somewhere in the chassis while GM stone walls them

15denali

Reaction score
I would bring it back and leave it. Don't mess around for that kind of money, for any kind of money.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no issue on prior test drive?

i would have kept the callaway ;)

sounds like they need to get you a diff denali... i hope they can fix your issue... but seems not all can be fixed yet. amazing GM still has no idea on fixing this issue prior to delivery to dealer

OP
OP
hundhaus

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We test drove a more stripped down Denali. We opted for a loaded up Denali and having owned 2 2015s i didn't think about it.

As an update most of the vibration is gone....

I am ging to assume that the vibration was cause by the truck sitting in the heat and having flat spots?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure on flat spots, mine was on lot for a year.
i suppose btwn that & road force balance, sounds like you are on right track

fingers crossed for ya.

thebishman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We test drove a more stripped down Denali. We opted for a loaded up Denali and having owned 2 2015s i didn't think about it.

As an update most of the vibration is gone....

I am ging to assume that the vibration was cause by the truck sitting in the heat and having flat spots?

If you have the 22"s with Bridgestones they flat spot easily and quickly.

Plus they ride like crap IMHO. I'm getting Michelins soon even with only 9K miles on the truck.

Bish

Tee202

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too purchased a yukon yesterday and notice vibration at around 70mph. Truck has 6 miles on it running the 22". Truck was supposed to be picked up for shipping today. But is in the service department for 4 new tires and road force balance which should hopefully solve the issue. As I'm seeing the Michelins are the way to go as far as tires.

I spoke to the service manager and he mentioned they noticed flat spots when they checked and did a test drive as well. Truck has been sitting for quite some time which probably is one of the issues as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16