2016 Denali with some problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my 2016 2 months ago. 1300 miles and driver side door panel is loose. Looks like door panel is about to stay in my hand when i try to close door. I will check for 2 loose bolts under door handle. But c'mon i paid 60k + and its already falling apart

Also hood on passanger side is not flush with passanger headlight. Adjusting two stoppers/adjusters didnt fix it

Another problen when rear suspension bottoms out on some pathole looks like rear end shakes little bit, never happen on my 07 Tahoe LTZ with same air ride suspension

8 speed 8L90 tranny hard up shifts in low gears, also ******* down shifts

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not saying that I think these things are ok, but the transmission issues you've mentioned as well as the suspensions problems have been major issues that all the new model owners have been dealing with. I thought that gm had resolved some of the issues. The door panel is a new one. Haven't read about that before.

GMMillwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a similar problem with one of the front doors on my wife's '16 Denali as well. Turns out, her truck has the upgraded factory alarm. Dealer has to install some component in the doors before delivery. The technician didn't get all of the clips (or screws) fastened correctly when he re-assembled the door. Only bright spot was it wasn't my dealership, her truck was dealer located and came from Ohio.

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my truck is fully loaded with some enchanced security package. Maybe i have same issue with those 2 bolts in door handle. Ill pull that plastic cover in door handle this weekent and see whats going on. I hate to take it to the dealer, its gonna take forever and i dont have time

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another problen when rear suspension bottoms out on some pathole looks like rear end shakes little bit, never happen on my 07 Tahoe LTZ with same air ride suspension
Your 07 had a way different suspension. The autoride (that was only on the rear) and rear load leveling is way different than the magnetic ride control (MRC) on the 2015+. So I wouldn't expect your ride characteristics to be the same or even similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was right. Two 7mm screws inside door handle was loose from day one. Easy fix this time

20161022_101415_zpsqn2c1qlp.jpg

OP
OP
Slow5.0

Slow5.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 07 had a way different suspension. The autoride (that was only on the rear) and rear load leveling is way different than the magnetic ride control (MRC) on the 2015+. So I wouldn't expect your ride characteristics to be the same or even similar.

I know its not 100% same setup but 07 did have some sort of MRC . My 07 wasnt that bad ride, little harder on patholes with 22" compared to 2016 with 22"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j