2016 Denali transmission lag?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have searched, and can’t find it, but I am sure there is a thread here about it. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please.

Thanks

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are literally more threads about the trans clunk/lag/slip than pretty much anything here.
GM's new trans suck. Get a tune.

And ffs, post more than "Trans lag can't find thread"

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are literally more threads about the trans clunk/lag/slip than pretty much anything here.
GM's new trans suck. Get a tune.

And ffs, post more than "Trans lag can't find thread"

GM is on their second or third ‘tune’ for the trans. Why are 3rd parties figuring this out but not GM? Dealer told me the latest update isn’t really solving the problems and they are still shipping like that...

OP
OP
O

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there a GM “tune” that will fix this? Today, on the way home I was cruising in traffic at about 20 with my foot off the gas. When traffic open up, I pushed the gas and there was a big clunk as it took off. I am coming from a ‘15i Yukon SLT, and it wasn’t the best trans, but not like this. Is this the norm for these?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is there a GM “tune” that will fix this? Today, on the way home I was cruising in traffic at about 20 with my foot off the gas. When traffic open up, I pushed the gas and there was a big clunk as it took off. I am coming from a ‘15i Yukon SLT, and it wasn’t the best trans, but not like this. Is this the norm for these?

They call it a ‘reprogram’ or a ‘flash’. The dealer tells me they don’t help much and that they ‘still ship like that’.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the older model, mine is an 07 Denali, that clunk sound came from the limited slip rear end. Drove me crazy till I found what it was.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And driveshafts too, got to keep the slip yoke splines greased and inspect the u-joints every once in a while. Putting the truck in gear while its still rolling backward is not conducive to driveshaft parts health, not to mention the differential(s).