2016 and it’s been awhile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From your description of wind noise and shudder it sounds like you have multiple problems because you're mentioning transmission, tires, and weatherstrip. The transmission shudder is mainly on the 8 speed but can happen with the 6 speed as well. The 8 speed has multiple updates including programming and a new fluid composition.

Just because the tires are new doesn't mean they're good. What kind of tires are they and what size? If you don't have Michelin Defenders, that's probably a big part of your problem. These trucks are extremely sensitive to tire roundness and the larger the wheel the more sensitive it is. The roadforce has to be perfect and if not then the tire(s) will have to be replaced. There are also updated steering gear bushings that make a huge difference in vibration.

The body booming is something totally different as well as any wind noise or noise from the window motors.

OP
OP
David4Jesus

David4Jesus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the vehicle back from GMC. They claimed the weatherstripping on the front doors was bad. They also said here in the report that the road force on all the tires was 35-60lbs and was way to high and they believe that’s why I feel the shudder because they do as well. The tires are Bridgestone duelers. So I guess my only option is replacing the tires and try from there.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The roadforce needs to be less than 15lbs. Buy Michelins and have the dealer put them on so they can check the roadforce as they go and they will be able to warranty them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645