2015i Tahoe GPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pics don't seem to be working but it sounds like you're having a similar issue as the other folks posting in this thread. Keep us posted about your dealership experience.

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased my 2015i Denali last Wednesday (2/11) and two days later on Friday (2/13) the GPS/Nav/Compass stopped working. See Pictures. Going to make an appointment for service to see what is going on.

yukon1.JPG

yukon2.JPG

What's going on is...it's ******. How is GM even getting these to the lots before the failures, seriously.

Maks_D.

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
In my case, onstar module dead. The ordered but it is on back order :(

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a number of people at OnStar who should seek careers in the fast food industry. Saying products/features will exist which will not, under estimating hardware requirements, shoddy software quality along with zero hardware quality control, and turning customers into Beta testers. Not a good plan.

ericandrews

Reaction score
There are a number of people at OnStar who should seek careers in the fast food industry. Saying products/features will exist which will not, under estimating hardware requirements, shoddy software quality along with zero hardware quality control, and turning customers into Beta testers. Not a good plan.

Well hopefully my service appt tomorrow turns out well. When I bought my Denali I traded in a 2005 Silverado LT with Onstar. It worked great, I had it linked to my Verizon account to share minutes. The built in phone would work anywhere, when my cell had no-service the Onstar phone was super clear.

While setting up Onstar on the new Denali last week the call dropped twice and the representative had to call me back. I am not quite sure why the Onstar module is linked to the NAV in the first place.

AWCheese

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2015 Tahoe LTZ – my nav system / GPS is also on the fritz –

Onstar indicator on rear view mirror is Red (not green) – indicating a problem, and the GPs map shows me off by at least 50 miles from current position. It was 1800 miles off at purchase (which I didnt notice till after that day!)

CAL shown on dash display (calibrate?) – but I have no restriction from satellite access overhead. When map is visible same GPS with an X through it is visible – meaning no GPS data. Xm works – I figure that runs through same antenna.

Onstar tech says – bad Onstar module, or Antenna. Dealership going to try putting in a new antenna.

Thanks for the insight - and Jfisher320 - was there a number or anything on that TSB?

Lets keep each other posted here.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

good info here.

So - Mine is now working. Was a month and change waiting on a new antenna to arrive here, but only 3 hours to get it installed. Up to spped and operational at this point - with no Module change.

ericandrews

Reaction score
Took it in for service this morning and the service representative knew exactly what the issue was, stated there is a service bulletin on the issue, but it has not moved to recall yet.

He said its an Onstar "Interface Module" and they are backordered do to the number of Yukon's its affecting. Not sure why this could not have been related over the phone when I made the appointment but oh well.

I have been added to a waiting list, though he said they ordered 30 modules a few weeks ago and expects them to be in next week. Fingers crossed...

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
****** to have to deal with this crap with a new car but I'm glad GM is stepping up and doing what it can to make it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bone1