2015i Tahoe GPS issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is on the nav screen in the upper right, it says GPS with a red x through it. I brought to dealership and they had a software update that seemed to fix it for about a week now its back. anyone else having that?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The issue I'm having is on the nav screen in the upper right, it says GPS with a red x through it. I brought to dealership and they had a software update that seemed to fix it for about a week now its back. anyone else having that?

I haven't had anything like that. Are you parked in a garage or someplace where reception might be an issue?

OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm parked outside a majority of the time so it doesn't make sense to me either. Looks a trip back to dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm parked outside a majority of the time so it doesn't make sense to me either. Looks a trip back to dealership.

That sucks man, good luck!

tpgunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up Tahoe today. Same exact issue. The location of my vehicle is off by like a few 100 feet.

OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
367ccbb452a1f2cd90849761026e5094.jpg
a4fdae9c443d589e9798fa85a5f479d7.jpg

I also notice the compass on the little screen by the speedometer says cal which I assume stands for calibrate. The 2 seem to go together, my dealership ordered me a new gps antenna which is coming in tomorrow. We'll see if that fixes the issue.

tpgunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed the same red x over GPS. I didn't really have to fool much with it as I picked up the vehicle, threw my stuff in it and was on the road....I will follow up with dealer later this week when I get back into town.

OP
OP
J

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed the same red x over GPS. I didn't really have to fool much with it as I picked up the vehicle, threw my stuff in it and was on the road....I will follow up with dealer later this week when I get back into town.
Wondering if you're still having the same problem? My truck is still at the dealership for over a week, apparently its a bad gps antenna, they originally thought the gps signal was being blocked based on placement of the antenna and the LTZ's have more dampening material to quiet road noise! not sure i believe that but anyway they are waiting on antenna from GM, we'll if that works. Almost 70k for a truck that has 500 miles on it and has been at dealership almost for as long as i drove it...

tpgunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My guess is a loose connection. It worked for a day or two. Now back to red X. Just haven't had a chance to take it in.

jericholics2001

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my LTZ Suburban that was built in October(interim model). Had the vehicle 39 days before ever needing to use the nav and we were in central California and it said we were in Nevada. Called OnStar they did a power source reboot and still not accurate location. Also have the red X thru the GPS. Took to dealership. Their suggestion was replace the antenna. It was ordered and had to be painted should get back tomorrow. Ive read a lot of the new Sting Ray corvettes are having the same issue. One thread I read it said they thought the XM antenna was interfering with the GPS antenna. Their solution was to split the wires and put a shielding over the wires so it wouldnt have any interferance. This solution worked. I passed the info on to my dealer. So if this antenna thing doesnt work out, sounds like ive given them the solution(thanks to Google). Will let you know what happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019