2015 Yukon HID Conversion from The Retrofit Source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittydog

Reaction score
update

Ok...so I got home from work and put the OBD scanner on the GMC. Had three codes on the display, relating to the MAF sensor. I cleared them and they stayed off. CEL now off.

Whew....

So, I guess (on GM products) the low beams stay on when the high beams are on too.

I did order two sets of extensions to run the wires correctly (and out of the way).

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing with the MAF... Pulled off the positive Battery cable and the code cleared.

As you found out the lows stay on with the highs.

I was able to use the relay kit with the short extensions that came with the Kit by mounting the relay near the front passenger side headlight (near the radiator). But an extension would make it easier.

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it a problem if you do not completely seal up the round plastic thing behind the lightbulb?

I have a 2015 Tahoe and it has a locking gasket behind the headlight assembly, I guess to keep it air tight.

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last edited:

fdnyfish

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finished Install

Hood Open (OEM on Right - HID on Left)

Hood Closed (Both HID)

Attachments

• FD1_9354.jpg
    FD1_9354.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2402 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2402 (Small).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 69

Nord

Reaction score
As I'm waiting for my Yukon SLT to arrive I've been thinking that I'll probably be disappointed with the OEM headlights, especially since my current vehicle is an Audi with OEM bi-xenon headlights that are awesome. The first thing I'll probably do is order the Morimoto Elite E11 HID system like the OP. Have you guys had any further issues with the lights? I do a lot of night driving and the last thing I want are unreliable headlights.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relay kit solved all of my issues.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

They didn't have the Silverado kit when I bought mine. I would definitely go with that one if I was buying now.

DetTigers

Reaction score
I've been extremely happy with my kit and it has performed flawlessly...until yesterday. The passenger light is out. I switched with the driver side and determined it's the ballast on the passenger side that is bad. I emailed TRS and I'm hoping they send out a new ballast seeing as it's under warranty.

Rmayrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a problem if you do not completely seal up the round plastic thing behind the lightbulb?

I have a 2015 Tahoe and it has a locking gasket behind the headlight assembly, I guess to keep it air tight.

I'm would like to know this as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255