2015 Yukon Denali XL - Sunroof not aligned and leaking again...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bo3131

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat... Was driving this weekend in a downpour and water started leaking in the same exact spot. Did you ever happen to figure out where it was coming from?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that looks more like a leak from top of windshield than sunroof.
especially given you state , only happens when driving in rain.

OP
OP
PitBullFan01

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat... Was driving this weekend in a downpour and water started leaking in the same exact spot. Did you ever happen to figure out where it was coming from?
Leak finally fixed! Dealer swears it was the Antenna They told me the 1st service technician did not seal it properly. They took the truck back and resealed the Antenna and spray sealed the inside of the roof around the Antenna and I have not had a leak since. I have been in several rain storms and driven several times in storms and no leak. GM Customer Service Rep sent me a $750 GM Accessories certificate and also $100 dollar credit on next service visit. I was pissed that the dealer took so long to fix and also charged me for the Antenna. I fought with them over it believe me. I put it on record in my case that I felt cheated because of when I originally reported the leak and how long the dealer took to fix it. GM Customer Service did the right thing. They stayed on this case and called when they said they would call, followed up when they said they would and was very thorough with working with me thru this case. I appreciate that from them...

OP
OP
PitBullFan01

PitBullFan01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that looks more like a leak from top of windshield than sunroof.
especially given you state , only happens when driving in rain.
Make them check the drain tubes and then if still under CPO warranty make them replace the Antenna and SEAL it!!! GMC should address this issue with Antenna before a class action suit is filed. my truck was less than 1 year old when I bought it CPO and the Antenna was already leaking... Bad QA, bad design or cheap material? I'm not sure. But, for a Truck that costs so much, you would expect better...

wu6fiend

Reaction score
Great to hear you got your leak fixed, even if it took quite a while. I had to take my 2016 Denali back to the dealership twice for a leaking shark fin antenna. They fixed it on the second try (replaced the antenna twice). My leak was showing up with a soaked A pillar trim, at the top. Dry as a bone ever since. When I took my vehicle in the first time, the Silverado next to me had a leak, and the new Suburban they gave me as a courtesy car was also leaking. Very common (and the shark fin antenna is the culprit).

Courtney D Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. There are 2 drain holes in the sunroof. One on each front corner. That' one of the first things I checked and they are both flowing freely. The tubes drain out completely without restriction when I pour water in the holes.

I dropped my truck off to the dealer 5 days ago. I received a call on day 3 telling me that they had the truck in the shower for a whole day and no leak. I had to tell them again for like the 25th time that the truck does not leak when sitting in rain. It only leaks when driving in the rain. So, sitting in the shower is not going to produce the problem. My truck has sat in the rain for storms lasting 3-5 days. Each day, I go outside to check and no leak. But, if I drive in those storms, within 10 minutes my headliner is soaked around the roof console and dripping wet. I wish I could upload a video showing how bad the wetness gets; it gets so bad the water drips into the cab onto the center console, the passenger and me... I was able to upload pictures and video to the dealer showing the water dripping and the wet headliner. I have not heard from them this weekend since speaking to them on Friday. I am going to call them tomorrow for an update. This is very frustrati

Courtney D Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to find out where the drain exits?? My driver side drain is plugged and I can't figure out where the exit is to check as I try to clear it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ could you put some low pressure air to the drain line?

see if it clears it out & also determine where it exits

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ could you put some low pressure air to the drain line?

see if it clears it out & also determine where it exits

I have a 8ft length of .095” string trimmer line that i use to clear out the drain lines on my vehicles. Open your sunroof and feed the line into the drains. The line is stiff enough to clear out pretty much any debris.

Once you get the line feed all the way in it’s easy to spot the line from underneath. Typically in front of the firewall behind each tire as the lines run down the A-pillars in each side.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. Thank you very much for that info. Yes, I am speaking to the Service manager to get a refund for the antenna. That definitely was not the issue. I continue to take the truck to the same dealership. I actually purchased the truck in NC but live in NY. So, I chose this service center based on customer reviews and location is near my home. They've had the truck for the last 5 days. But, the last 2 days they were closed. I am calling tomorrow to get an update on their progress.
Did you ever get the issue resolved?