2015 Yukon Denali DRL Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reath1

Reaction score
Did a search and only ran across one post.
2015 Yukon Denali. 31K miles so not driven much.
Passenger side DRL LED strip not working at all. The verdict of the other post I found was to purchase a new headlight assembly. Cheapest I can find is around $1000. This is ridiculous.

There has got to be a better, cheaper, way to fix this strip.
Anyone?

Thanks

OP
OP
R

reath1

Reaction score
Good call, but unless I'm missing something I don't think it's on a separate fuse and everything else is working.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tahoe/Suburban LED strip is on a fuse. Here is the wiring diagram for your Yukon. Looks like that may be a relay instead.

Do you have a test light or a multi-meter? I personally would see if the LED strip is getting power. That way you can isolate if the light is bad or if there is a deeper electrical problem.

You need to test pin #6 (grey/blue drivers, blue/brown passenger)

X88 Parking Lamps.png

OP
OP
R

reath1

Reaction score
HUGE thanks. I have a light and meter. I'll jump on testing that first thing in the morning.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may try contacting some headlight modifying company’s like:
https://www.lightwerkz.net/

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

They may be able to open up the headlight and repair the LED strip? This may or may not be a cheaper solution but since it’s not driven much maybe the down time of sending your headlights out for repair isn’t a big deal?

Or... It could be a great opportunity to upgrade and customize your headlights?!?!

OP
OP
R

reath1

Reaction score
Doesn't look like either of those listed have applications for this truck. But thanks. I can find an aftermarket set on Ebay for about $370 but...they look kinda cheesy to me. If I can't find another cheap alternative...cheesy headlights it will be. I'm not about to pay $1000 for a headlight assembly that has $0.50 worth of LED's burned out.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They may be able to open up the headlight and repair the LED strip?
Ive done that before with Ford headlights. It’s rather easy to open them up. Lol

$10 on Amazon for a 50’ strip if needed

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't look like either of those listed have applications for this truck.

Their site is only going to list “off the shelf parts”. For each of those sites you’re going to have to contact them for their headlight modification and repair services. Each of them offer extensive headlight customizations and options. I’m confident they can assist in repairing your LED strip. Unless GM designed the headlights in some sort of way where due to the housing, they’re not repairable which really would also not surprise me.