2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? LOL. Anyone buy a new Tahoe. Seems everyone here owns a GMC. Wondering what your thoughts of the 2015 vs. the previous body Tahoes.

Last edited:

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get more bang for the buck with a Yukon SLT vs a Tahoe LT. Push button start, cooled seats, heated steering wheel to name a few.

A Tahoe LTZ compares to a Yukon Denali in price. But you get the 420HP 6.2L and 8 speed automatic in the Denali.

The GMC wins in my books.

Then when you go to LauraGMC.COM and see you can get a new GMC Yukon Denali 4wd w/ 22"/sunroof for $63k, you'll never want anything else LOL.

Last edited:

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's quite a few on here. I chose the Yukon because to me it looks 100 times better in stock form. We've always been a GMC family over Chevrolet.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get more bang for the buck with a Yukon SLT vs a Tahoe LT. Push button start, cooled seats, heated steering wheel to name a few.

A Tahoe LTZ compares to a Yukon Denali in price. But you get the 420HP 6.2L and 8 speed automatic in the Denali.

Then when you go to LauraGMC.COM and see you can get a new GMC Yukon Denali 4wd w/ 22"/sunroof for $63k, you'll never want anything else LOL.

+1

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As always, it's an opinion...

I personally thought the bug eyes on the last generation GMC was a deal killer for me. We always bought Tahoes for my wife.
Big change in looks for 15', and I'm finding it the other way around now.
Plus, the 5.3l is history in my driveway, and it's only available on a Denali or Escalade.

I still prefer the looks of a Chevy pick up truck over the GMC, especially the HD line. The HD GMC looks hideous.

Last edited:

powderbrake

Reaction score
I have a 2015 Tahoe, and I love it. I have had 3 previous Tahoes and 3 previous Suburbans, going back 30 years, and this is far and away the best of all of them.

here is waht I said about it in a post in June:

I just came back from a hunting trip in South Dakota. I started with just 600 miles on the Tahoe , carefully broken in. The trip was 1860 miles, mostly highway, running 65 to 75 mph (the speed limits, I would never state that I broke them), it took 94.5 gallons, for a 19.7 mpg average.

Considering that it has the trailer package with the higher ratio axle, and it was loaded down with our guns and shooting tables and coolers and stuff, it was great gas mileage as far as I am concerned. I have been driving Tahoes and Suburbans for over 30 years, and none of them ever did this good. Besides, it included over 150 miles of gravel roads and off road in 4wd, which also eats the gas.

I like everything about the vehicle except the Nav system. I don't like the programming, and the lousy manual. It's not too intuitive. I will have to use it more to get familiar with it. I don't use a nav very often. I like the mylink radio, and it sounds great.

Tahoe LT, Champange Silver, Cocoa interior, Buckets second row, Trailer pack, My Link, and Nav.

ps.
I got my Weathertech floormats just in time for the trip, but they do not have anything except the front mats at this time. I lined the cargo area with some carpet I had and that served the purpose. I plan to get a cargo liner and second row mats when they are available.

Which brings up the 3rd row seats: I have NO use for them. I used to order my suburbans and Tahoes with no 3rd row. I wish they could be left out, as I NEVER use them.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I can not agree more with you.

:happy160:

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like this forum should be called Yukonforum.com instead lol. We need more Tahoe owners in this forum.

We have been chevy owners for many years. My mom has a 1999 tahoe, I got a 2012 avalanche, and then got a 2015 tahoe from the same dealer in Miami.

I got my Tahoe LT with 4x4, Luxury package (which has push button start), Towing package, and navigation for <55k. Couldn't be happier. I like the classic c/k chrome/black grill front of the Tahoe LT. Traded in my Avalanche LTZ, and the new Tahoe LT is superior in every way. Only thing I didn't get is cooled seats, but I got cocoa dune which is cooler than the crappy black interior I had before.

Went through hell trying to find something with the options I wanted. Ended up finding the vehicle in Cape Coral and just had my dealer bring it down.

I already had multiple people at the auto parts store ask about my Tahoe and drool over it.

:boti:

Last edited:

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding weathertechs, you may want to check again. I received front and back package this week. I got the one piece for 2nd and 3rd row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum