2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always preferred Chevys over GMCs as far as looks are concerned. We bought a 15 tahoe with the sun/entertainment package and couldn't be happier. It's superior in every way to our 07 Tahoe. And I agree with the above about wheel size. 22s are a must and these SUVs are designed in a way that 24s look right at home.

Right now I cannot afford larger tires, but once I wear off my perfectly good Goodyears I may consider putting larger rims on. Probably 20's. I don't like the look of smaller side-walls.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20s will look fine with taller tires. How big can the 15s take without rubbing?

Getting real tempted to buy a 15 SLT....

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

So all Tahoes built after 10-5-14 get the wireless charging in the center armrest.

Do Yukons SLT get this also or just Denali?

EDIT. It's standard on SLT. Sweet. Only thing the SLT is missing that I want is HIDs.

I see Tahoe LT w/ Lux Package and LTZ get the handsfree taigate. Does Yukon SLT get this?

Last edited:
OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20s will look fine with taller tires. How big can the 15s take without rubbing?

Getting real tempted to buy a 15 SLT....

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 AM ----------

So all Tahoes built after 10-5-14 get the wireless charging in the center armrest.

Do Yukons SLT get this also or just Denali?

EDIT. It's standard on SLT. Sweet. Only thing the SLT is missing that I want is HIDs.

I see Tahoe LT w/ Lux Package and LTZ get the handsfree taigate. Does Yukon SLT get this?

I believe you have to buy a new case for your phone in order for the wireless charger to work. And the hands free tailgate was an added bonus when I ordered the Tahe. more stuff I don't need, lol. I see youve had a TBSS and GTO also. between myself and my son JuniorSS he's had 5 GTO's between 'o4 and '06 and I've had a 2006 and a 2007 TBSS. Wish they still made the TBSS. I'd order two right now!

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the TBSS was a fun truck! Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since we bought that thing! $38K sounds dirt cheap too lol!

I still miss my '06 GTO, love seeing them on the streets still.

Most Android phones have wireless charging. My Droid Maxx has it and I love it. If you are an iPhone user, like my wife, you got to get the mat that hides behind your case and plugs into the phone's port. Kind of sucks.

I don't see the handsfree tailgate available on the Yukon SLT. Looks like Tahoe LT gets that as an available plus?

OP
OP
raress9596

raress9596

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the TBSS was a fun truck! Hard to believe it's been almost 10 years since we bought that thing! $38K sounds dirt cheap too lol!

I still miss my '06 GTO, love seeing them on the streets still.

Most Android phones have wireless charging. My Droid Maxx has it and I love it. If you are an iPhone user, like my wife, you got to get the mat that hides behind your case and plugs into the phone's port. Kind of sucks.

I don't see the handsfree tailgate available on the Yukon SLT. Looks like Tahoe LT gets that as an available plus?

I'm not going to use the wireless charger. Do it the old school way, lol. Plug the iphone in as always. I think the hands free tailgate is a good thing but if it wasn't part of a package I wouldn't order it.

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You get more bang for the buck with a Yukon SLT vs a Tahoe LT. Push button start, cooled seats, heated steering wheel to name a few.

A Tahoe LTZ compares to a Yukon Denali in price. But you get the 420HP 6.2L and 8 speed automatic in the Denali.

The GMC wins in my books.

Then when you go to LauraGMC.COM and see you can get a new GMC Yukon Denali 4wd w/ 22"/sunroof for $63k, you'll never want anything else LOL.

FYI: The Tahoe LT with luxury package also has heated steering wheel and push button start. If I had a black interior I would care more about cooled seats, but I do not.

Steedog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've loved Tahoes forever. I could go on and on about how awesome and agressive they look. I own a NNBS. I just can't bring myself to get over the 2015 hideous front(Just my opinion). I never thought I would say this but I think my next purchase will be the Esky or the yukon.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've loved Tahoes forever. I could go on and on about how awesome and agressive they look. I own a NNBS. I just can't bring myself to get over the 2015 hideous front(Just my opinion). I never thought I would say this but I think my next purchase will be the Esky or the yukon.
You know real reason is "POWER",lol
[emoji237]

greg_tahoe84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I always thought the new tahoe front... at least the LT front, is more classic C/K than ever with the black grille and chrome stripe.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Different strokes... The large mouth bass, bug-eyed front of the Yukon is turn off to me. Although in some ways I think they have a classy look. Just not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz