2015 Tahoe..Truck Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished a tune on my 17 and haven't driven it much so I can't say yet whether the tune eliminated it or not. More on that in a few hundred miles. The way it felt it seems like it might be the torque converter.

You state based on your research the trans may be at EOL at 80,000. Why did you come to that conclusion?

Thanks,
Tim
I was wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
So I took my truck to the shop for diagnostics and they looked for leaking vacuum leaks and pulled the plugs and test drove the vehicle with the computer hooked up and it shows random misfires on several different cylinders. So I had them put a fuel injector cleaner in the vehicle and will drive it for a week to see if it goes away. Not sure what else it is.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, FWIW, I have had one on my 07 for 3-4 years and hasn't failed. If you think it may be causing issues you can send it into back to the manufacture and have it tested. Depending on when you purchased you may want to check for a firmware update to it?

I have 296,000 on my 07 and once in awhile I will get a misfire in cyl 1 & 7. I checked the coils and they are OK. I just replace the plugs and it runs fine for another 15-20K and then one of the two will start acting up and I replace. BTW, they never look fouled,etc. I have no idea why it happening but its a cheap fix.

Hope that helps.

Tim

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
Dan, FWIW, I have had one on my 07 for 3-4 years and hasn't failed. If you think it may be causing issues you can send it into back to the manufacture and have it tested. Depending on when you purchased you may want to check for a firmware update to it?

I have 296,000 on my 07 and once in awhile I will get a misfire in cyl 1 & 7. I checked the coils and they are OK. I just replace the plugs and it runs fine for another 15-20K and then one of the two will start acting up and I replace. BTW, they never look fouled,etc. I have no idea why it happening but its a cheap fix.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Thanks Tim.

Well it's very bad now. When I drive it's continous jerking and very noticable. I feel like the engine is going to die. Still don't have any check engine lights.

I have unplugged the AFM and I think it's worse. So I can rule out the AFM disabler.

The truck is in the body shop for hail damage repair then going to auto repair shop right after.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked with a reader to make sure there are no codes? It is odd that it would be running that poorly and its not throwing off codes of some kind.

OP
OP
M

mnjeepmale

Reaction score
I took the truck to the shop and they said I need a new engine.
This is what they said.

Removed spark plugs and found residue of oil on them, spark plug is within gap at this time. Removed the air intake tubing and found puddles of oil inside. Proceeded to inspect the intake manifold and there is oil washing inside. The oil going through the intake is causing spark interference. Performed a crankcase pressure test and there is a small amount of vacuum in the lower case, this indicates a problem with the upper engine allowing oil in, would have to disassble the upper engine to find the source of the problem.
Oil in the combustion chamber and not allowing proper detonation will damage the converters. The rear oxygen sensors are sticking around 700 and the range should be 100-900 mv. This is a sign that damage is happening.

THERE IS A TSB TO REBUILD THE ENGINE FOR THIS PROBLEM

I was quoted $10,000 for a new engine. I'm bringing it to another shop to look into this. They gave me the TSB number but this is crazy that I need an engine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the truck to the shop and they said I need a new engine.
This is what they said.

Removed spark plugs and found residue of oil on them, spark plug is within gap at this time. Removed the air intake tubing and found puddles of oil inside. Proceeded to inspect the intake manifold and there is oil washing inside. The oil going through the intake is causing spark interference. Performed a crankcase pressure test and there is a small amount of vacuum in the lower case, this indicates a problem with the upper engine allowing oil in, would have to disassble the upper engine to find the source of the problem.
Oil in the combustion chamber and not allowing proper detonation will damage the converters. The rear oxygen sensors are sticking around 700 and the range should be 100-900 mv. This is a sign that damage is happening.

THERE IS A TSB TO REBUILD THE ENGINE FOR THIS PROBLEM

I was quoted $10,000 for a new engine. I'm bringing it to another shop to look into this. They gave me the TSB number but this is crazy that I need an engine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Don’t you dare pay 10k for a motor for that truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts