2015 Tahoe Rear Door Electronic Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keefe007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my finance a nice 2015 Tahoe LS PPV as a surprise. She loves it.

When I got it the rear door handles were disconnected and the door lock knobs were missing.

I found the door lock knobs in the glove compartment. I pulled the door panels open and reinstalled the pull knobs and reconnected the handle cable.

The right side is working fine now.

But on the left side I'm having issues. It won't lock or unlock electronically...when I hit the unlock switch I dont hear anything or see any movement on the actuator. Also now the window only works intermittently. I'm not sure if these issues are connected or just coincidence.

I pulled the panel and checked all the electrical connections and everything looks fine. The window worked and then when I put the panel back on it wouldn't work again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

sb38646

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my finance a nice 2015 Tahoe LS PPV as a surprise. She loves it.

When I got it the rear door handles were disconnected and the door lock knobs were missing.

I found the door lock knobs in the glove compartment. I pulled the door panels open and reinstalled the pull knobs and reconnected the handle cable.

The right side is working fine now.

But on the left side I'm having issues. It won't lock or unlock electronically...when I hit the unlock switch I dont hear anything or see any movement on the actuator. Also now the window only works intermittently. I'm not sure if these issues are connected or just coincidence.

I pulled the panel and checked all the electrical connections and everything looks fine. The window worked and then when I put the panel back on it wouldn't work again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I am having the same issue kinda. Rear windows did not work. We replaced with a civilian switch and it worked. My child safety lock on driver door stays illuminated orange. When I press it ,it does not go off. I also tried to replace that switch with my brothers before i purchased one, but it didn't undo child safety light. My rear doors do not open from inside. My guess was it was bc child safety lock was stuck. However, my husband pulled the pannel from back right and everything seems to be there and connected. I have called many outfitters specializing in ppv's and they all say check your glove box for two metal pcs??? Was your child safety lock lit up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC