2015 Tahoe Rear Backup Sensor Module location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mark warren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
IMG_6841.JPG IMG_6842.JPG IMG_6843.JPG IMG_6844.JPG IMG_6841.JPG IMG_6842.JPG IMG_6843.JPG IMG_6844.JPG Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to find this module to swap it out? Dealership wanted $500 and the part brand new cost me $15.....utterly ridiculous!

Needless to say, I have it but can't find the location of where it plugs into the rear harness. Searched underneath the rear bumper from end to end.

Thank you and look forward to the help!

Last edited:

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Post pic of module. Technically that can be anywhere in the truck.also, that may have to be programmed but i dont really know.

Last edited:

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on the 50 yard line.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I just couldn't resist that one...

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's on the 50 yard line.

Sorry for the sarcasm, I just couldn't resist that one...
Love it, its my middle name..
i think i said a pic, not 50.....

And that module is probably has an inside or under hood mounting position. Doesnt look too weather tight imo.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking cargo area, right or left side (behind a cover that you are going to break 3 or 4 clips trying to get it off)

OP
OP
M

mark warren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking cargo area, right or left side (behind a cover that you are going to break 3 or 4 clips trying to get it off)

Just pulled off the upper lower cargo and side interior pieces with no luck....keep looking UNDER the rear bumper facia but still nothing looks compatible.....I may remove the rear bumper facia next to further my search. Called the dealership but he's already gone home for the weekend!!! This sucks!

OP
OP
M

mark warren

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
FOUND IT....hiding under the left hand rear cup holder insert inside the vehicle above the wheel well! Unbelievable! Took me less than 5 minutes to switch it out and no broken clips! Thanks for the input!