2015 Tahoe LTZ Towing Package Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only G codes I have are GBA (Black), GU6 (Rear Axle 3.42 Ratio), G80 (Auto Locking Rear Differential)

If I remember right, Z-55 had the companion G-code for the leveling feature. Z95 also leveled. It's not needed for towing though. The NHT alone will do the trick.

I have the K5L and all the other goodies on my older truck but with the plain jane ZW7 suspension.

OP
OP
J

Jason101

Reaction score
Thanks. I just don't want the rear to sag and make the front light which is why I was asking about the self leveling feature. I couldn't tell what suspension is included in the NHT

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That can still happen with heavy tongue weights, just put in some Air Lift Springs (bags). I do not believe the NHT includes a suspension option, it can come with whatever someone wants. At least that is how GMT900 was.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the 2016 Order Guide (which I can't imagine is that much different), Max Trailering (NHT) on an LTZ includes:

Includes (GU6) 3.42 rear axle ratio and (JL1) Trailer brake controller.
4WD models also include (NQH) 2-speed active Transfer case.

The LTZ also includes:
Z95 Suspension Package, Magnetic Ride Control, road sensing
electronically controlled shock absorbers

I have not seen a Z95 that didn't have the air shocks in the back... You could always have the dealer (or you) take a picture under the back and see.

Z85 is ONLY available on an LT with NQH:
Z85 Suspension Package, Standard, increased capacity, Premium Smooth
Ride with Air leveler
1 - Included and only available with (NHT) Maximum Trailering Package.

RedAggie03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From the 2016 Order Guide (which I can't imagine is that much different), Max Trailering (NHT) on an LTZ includes:

Includes (GU6) 3.42 rear axle ratio and (JL1) Trailer brake controller.
4WD models also include (NQH) 2-speed active Transfer case.

The LTZ also includes:
Z95 Suspension Package, Magnetic Ride Control, road sensing
electronically controlled shock absorbers

I have not seen a Z95 that didn't have the air shocks in the back... You could always have the dealer (or you) take a picture under the back and see.

Z85 is ONLY available on an LT with NQH:
Z85 Suspension Package, Standard, increased capacity, Premium Smooth
Ride with Air leveler
1 - Included and only available with (NHT) Maximum Trailering Package.

Yeah, I have the Z85 package with my NHT on my 2018 LS... Not sure how the 2015 was though. You can see an air hose connected to the rear shocks though.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW on my '02 I have Autoride, which is RPO Z55, and separately, G69 Level Control.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have auto-level on my Yukon Denali and every Tahoe LTZ I've seen has it... That aside because others have mentioned that it's possible the one you are looking at may not... couldn't you just do a visual check on the vehicle for air shocks and a compressor? Or, have another adult sit on the rear bumper while you start the vehicle. After a few seconds, you should hear the compressor kick on to level the vehicle... It's very noticeable, especially with the windows rolled down. I would be VERY surprised if a Tahoe LTZ with towing package wasn't equipped with auto-leveling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505