2015 Tahoe extended warranty debate, questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Walkthesky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Short story, dealer is run by a holes. Literally hung up on me, all of them. The worse part is I apparently won't qualify for another gm warranty if I cancel this one. I've already filed a complaint with gm. They are looking into how we were mis led and over priced on warranty. Looking into qualification on future warranty and also the fact that they may have sold me a car with an open recall.
Extremely aggravating.

OP
OP
W

Walkthesky

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also it would seem that I get the 6 year / 100k mile power train and additional bumper to bumper for 12 months tagged at end of my remaining bumper to bumper. So basically 2 more years bumper to bumper. I do plan to cancel however I was asked to wait 2 days while they investigate. I bought the truck 4 days ago and i believe I have 30 days for full refund.
Thanks again guys

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short story, dealer is run by a holes. Literally hung up on me, all of them. The worse part is I apparently won't qualify for another gm warranty if I cancel this one. I've already filed a complaint with gm. They are looking into how we were mis led and over priced on warranty. Looking into qualification on future warranty and also the fact that they may have sold me a car with an open recall.
Extremely aggravating.
It's possible your deal made the quarter for 3 or 4 people over there. Imagine their joy when you call to roll it back!

WCDENALI

Reaction score
I just paid $1750 for the actual GM warranty (GMEPP) for Platinum 84mths/100k miles so yours is way overpriced. I concur that you should cancel it right away.

PwrdbyM,

What dealer did you purchase this extended warranty from? Also, is it $0 deductible? For which vehicle? I am in the market for an extended warranty and would like this info for when I negotiate with my dealer. Thanks!

PwrdbyM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PwrdbyM,

What dealer did you purchase this extended warranty from? Also, is it $0 deductible? For which vehicle? I am in the market for an extended warranty and would like this info for when I negotiate with my dealer. Thanks!

I purchased a 16 Tahoe LT 4wd and used this guy. Did everything over email, quick and easy. I found this contact on the Corvette forums when researching GMEPP, they all were satisfied with him.
Bought a 84/100k Plat GMEPP with $100 deductible.

David Andrews
Bradley Chevrolet
Parker, AZ
928.669.2228 O
909.559.9636 C
[email protected]

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
Is the GM certified warranty only good when you purchase a vehicle from GMC dealerships only?

Or for example I can buy a used Yukon from a Lexus Dealership and still be able to get an GM certified warranty?????

I need help because I'm picking up my Yukon this weekend for purchase and was wondering if I can still get an GM certified warranty????

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the GM certified warranty only good when you purchase a vehicle from GMC dealerships only?

Or for example I can buy a used Yukon from a Lexus Dealership and still be able to get an GM certified warranty?????

I need help because I'm picking up my Yukon this weekend for purchase and was wondering if I can still get an GM certified warranty????
As long as your vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty, you should be able to go to any GM dealer and get the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2015Denali4WD

Reaction score
As long as your vehicle is still under manufacturer warranty, you should be able to go to any GM dealer and get the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I only have 25,000 miles on the truck I'm purchasing this weekend. Well I'm going to a GM Dealer to get a warranty this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts