2015 Tahoe driver side hid not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried installing this kit off eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/121526888049

I installed them and everything, however the driver side is turning on then off immediately.

I've read this happening before and wondering what the workaround was.

In the meantime I have the stock driver side one in.

image.jpeg

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd go with bulb first.

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'd go with bulb first.
Start with this^^^. Switch the bulbs from side to side. Problem moves its the bulb. Problem stays, swap the ballasts around. Problem moves its the ballast, problem stays its in the relay harness/bad connection. Make sure all connectors are clean and secure.

And you are right, i read alot of low/negative reviews on the OPT7 stuff before insettled on a pricey morimoto kit

Reactions: toi
OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to do swaps tonight along with trying a new grounding point.

k5blazerkeith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had multiple bulb failures and one ballast failure on the Opt7 kit...returning this week. I had only one bulb work correctly probably 50% of time in the few weeks I owned them. I think the relay harness probably had issues too, as the bulb would work one trip, then next time starting truck it wouldn't. Quality is not good. They are blaming it on the gm system now, told me just to return the kit and get my money back...their customer service is at least very good...

nharkey85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got an 05, i grounded my relay harness to a bolt on the alernator bracket. No grease, paint, or corrosion to worry about

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried everything, new grounding points, switching the ballast, switching bulbs, trying different wiring. EVEYRHTING. The driverside would blip for a second, then turn right off.

Going to return them and go with another kit.

Any solid 100% work on 2015 tahoe kits out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364