2015 Sunroof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shlick

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to the forum here. Just had my 2015 Yukon XL SLT delivered yesterday. I was looking everything over and when I checked the sunroof, I noticed this weird accordion-looking thing on the right side of the sunroof. It seems it's only connected to the bottom of the frame where the sunroof sits, but not the top. Before I tote the thing over to the dealer, I thought I'd see if any of you have noticed this weird thing and if it's supposed to be connected to the glass on the sunroof or not? I can't post a pic now as I'm at work and the Yukon is the wife's car, but will try to post later today. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Open the sunroof and see if it goes up as an air deflector.

If so, yeah, they all have that.

Deepthought

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There are pleated "weird accordion-looking things" on both the left and right side, they expand when the sunroof is tilted and slide back with the sunroof itself when opened. Both sides of ours are attached top and bottom.

Hope this helps

Matt

sevTahoe

Reaction score
It sounds like the top part has come undone. You should be able to just slide it back into the groove, kind of how you would slide a squeegee blade back onto its mount.
za5eneny.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts