2015 GMC YUKON XL Tailgate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgpie75

Reaction score
Haven't had this problem in my black Yukon SLT but will be on the lookout for it. Will try letting it sit in the sun for awhile today.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ecanem

Reaction score
Well it's not just the dark ones. My white SLT did it today. I'm wondering if this is a systemic issue that is going to need a recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgpie75

Reaction score
I left mine out in the sun all day and tried it just now and it opened with no issues. Took a look at the spoiler as it opened and closed and it doesn't seem like it could possibly rub. So hopefully it's not an issue with all of them.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

AWSMBLU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It almost looked like it was Misalinged from the vid. hard to tell

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems here either. Yukon XL iridium. I can see how it would cause a problem if the alignment was too close. When the panel heats up and expands. Good thing is that it isn't a mechanical issue.

Kerrville15

Reaction score
I've had mine not open a couple of times now. You hear it click like it's going to open & then it doesn't do anything; then the next time it works fine. Yesterday when this happened it was like it was in a bind & then it pulled up the plastic bumper cover. I popped it back into place & has worked fine since then. I might need to get it replaced now because you can see a little hump in the plastic right in the middle.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine not open a couple of times now. You hear it click like it's going to open & then it doesn't do anything; then the next time it works fine. Yesterday when this happened it was like it was in a bind & then it pulled up the plastic bumper cover. I popped it back into place & has worked fine since then. I might need to get it replaced now because you can see a little hump in the plastic right in the middle.

The plastic bumper cover is a bit of a joke... I stepped on it to wash the roof of the truck and nearly pulled it off. It looks like a step and should be strong enough to step on in my opinion... But it isn't.

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All in the name of fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333