2015 GMC Yukon Denali in all honesty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested both (Sequoia and Tahoe), the Sequoia was a little dated IMO. You get a little better space in the 3rd row on the Toyota, but the interior feel and comfort everywhere else on the Denali should be a lot better. I think everybody else was right about the engine. The only issue I think about is that it's a GM instead of the reliability of a Toyota.
I'd repair a Gm before a Toyota anyday

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Toyota in the last few years haven't been the most reliable vehicles. I will keep my GM and repair it. GM don't break more than any other manufacturers.

The Denali is a big difference from the SLT. Bigger power plant ,better tranny. Different suspension. Refinded interior and more options than a SLT could ever have. IMO yes very different.

David Higley

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Re: the Toyota reliability. I had a '04 and '10 Sequoia. drove both for a combined 380,000. The only times the vehicles were ever in for service was for regular scheduled service. Period.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Sequoia probably has a slight performance and reliability advantage, but GM has closed the quality gap to the point where it may make no matter in a purchase decision.

What is left is that the Sequoia had a poor interior design on the day it was released. That was in 2008, and car interiors and technology have advanced profoundly since then. At this point, it's a utilitarian nightmare of hard, grey plastic. It is in drastic need of a redesign - I'm sure it will be very competitive once they get around to that, but not until.

As for the Denali versus the SLT - I carry that thought around also, but I have little experience driving either. Objectively it's an engine and transmission difference, plus slightly nicer wood trim inside and perhaps a couple of electronic baubles. It's a rather sharp price increase.

How big a deal are the magnet shocks? Also, how expensive will they be to replace at 60,000 miles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978